$2.13
      BB:
      $2.00
      MP2 (Hero):
      $2.84
      MP3:
      $1.52

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A.
      Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 calls $0.08, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) K, T, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, MP3 calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.55) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.38, MP3 calls $0.38.

River: ($1.31) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.56, MP3 calls $0.56.

Final Pot: $2.43.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(A A). MP3 shows three of a kind, kings(9 K). MP3 wins with three of a kind, kings(9 K).

Opp stats VPIP 62 AFR 0 AFq 30
      Very frustrating hand, the opponent is a calling station which is good so I tried to bet on all streets.Should I bet more on the flop to the point where I push all in?Maybe calling stations will reconsider calling??
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I think you can c/f river. You don't really have a value bet on that card, and calling stations are unlikely to bet weak one pair hands when you check. Idealy you both check and he shows 5x or whatever. I think your bet sizing is ok, possibly more on turn for max value vs draws.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I think you can c/f river. You don't really have a value bet on that card, and calling stations are unlikely to bet weak one pair hands when you check. Idealy you both check and he shows 5x or whatever. I think your bet sizing is ok, possibly more on turn for max value vs draws.
      This. Just bomb every street against those players with any top pair+ hand until you hit a card which kills your hand somewhat, like that Kc. He's calling down with any Kx and any 2 clubs most likely, and like john said, those players won't bet worse than AA when checked to, and also rarely bluff diamonds. So you can comfortably check/fold that river if he bets.

Sometimes you'll even see him check behind with trips or a low flush, which is something you should make a note of because it constricts his river betting range to exactly bluffs and the nuts, or something very close to it, meaning you can bluff-catch more serenely in the future.

Hope it helps.