This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Sh Ace-Ace

• h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $1.43
      BU:
      $3.47
      SB:
      $2.13
      BB:
      $2.00
      MP2 (Hero):
      $2.84
      MP3:
      $1.52

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A.
      Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 calls $0.08, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) K, T, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, MP3 calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.55) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.38, MP3 calls $0.38.

River: ($1.31) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.56, MP3 calls $0.56.

Final Pot: $2.43.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(A A). MP3 shows three of a kind, kings(9 K). MP3 wins with three of a kind, kings(9 K).

Opp stats VPIP 62 AFR 0 AFq 30
      Very frustrating hand, the opponent is a calling station which is good so I tried to bet on all streets.Should I bet more on the flop to the point where I push all in?Maybe calling stations will reconsider calling??
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I think you can c/f river. You don't really have a value bet on that card, and calling stations are unlikely to bet weak one pair hands when you check. Idealy you both check and he shows 5x or whatever. I think your bet sizing is ok, possibly more on turn for max value vs draws.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I think you can c/f river. You don't really have a value bet on that card, and calling stations are unlikely to bet weak one pair hands when you check. Idealy you both check and he shows 5x or whatever. I think your bet sizing is ok, possibly more on turn for max value vs draws.
      This. Just bomb every street against those players with any top pair+ hand until you hit a card which kills your hand somewhat, like that Kc. He's calling down with any Kx and any 2 clubs most likely, and like john said, those players won't bet worse than AA when checked to, and also rarely bluff diamonds. So you can comfortably check/fold that river if he bets.

Sometimes you'll even see him check behind with trips or a low flush, which is something you should make a note of because it constricts his river betting range to exactly bluffs and the nuts, or something very close to it, meaning you can bluff-catch more serenely in the future.

Hope it helps.