[NL20-NL50] NL50 BSS JJ 4way

• JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($53.98)
      Hero (BB) ($85.84)
      UTG ($50)
      MP ($49.25)
      Button ($49.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J
      UTG bets $1.75, MP calls $1.75, 1 fold, SB calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.25

Flop: ($7) 2, 3, 7 (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP bets $5, 1 fold, Hero calls $5, 1 fold

Turn: ($17) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $13, Hero folds

Total pot: $17

I think preflop calling is ok as 3betting big would be a bit overplayed?

On the flop i was strongly thinking about leading .. but then i guess i have to bet/fold and also bet/fold any turn and im blowing the pot where i should be playing more for pot control ..

The preflop raiser checks and The multitabling semi-good reg did bet in position and i think my hand is best here enough times so i call.. But that leaves me in ugly turn or river spot as i have no info about his hand and my line looks so weak he can barrel me on later streets...
  • 4 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I dont know if i am right but i will just tell u how i react on those hands and i please judge to correct me if i am wrong.

In that case as yours i always look at the UTG stats. If UTG has wide range and is called like in this case i almost always 3 bet here.

There are still possibility that bad player call your 3 bet and you are ahead, but mostly they all fold.

In case like that u may think that other are playing for set value as well so in 4 way pot if you see action u have very difficult moves with overpair to becouse your informacions are so bad. I really dont like action after 3 callers preflop.

So my suggestion here is 3 bet preflop.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Depending on the range of UTG and the cold callers, a squeeze might not be a bad idea I guess, just because playing sucha big pot oop sucks. It's already quite profitable to take the pot down pre, but on the other hand playing 3b/fold with JJ seems like a waste too.

As played I'm really confused as how to proceed on this board, haha. So I think I'd have ended up doing the same thing you did. But I wonder if leading out wouldn't give us more info, as we could expect stronger hands to be raising us there.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Unless UTG is hella tight i think you have to squeeze without any thinking. I'm not really worried about MP and SB's hands because they have just coldcalled and its not likely for them to call you sqz if UTG don't call.

As played preflop c/r would be kinda good by me. UTG can have a lot of hands there and most of them will be bluffs on this board. Of course if we got raised there we will have to fold.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would also generally like squeeze with JJ, since he is mostly ahead UTG range and he would call/shove with worse hands
      I think I would c/r flop and go with my hand
      Board is drawy, you can´t be sure that he isn´t going to barrel turn with flushdraw or just bet for value with one pair hands, so getting all-in on the flop seems like the best play