[NL2-NL10] NL5 KQs Flush

• Trillium90
      Trillium90
      Silver
      Can I fold the Flush after his raise at the river or was this call ok?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $3.31
      MP3:
      $1.31
      CO (Hero):
      $5.20
      BU:
      $5.16
      SB:
      $5.13
      BB:
      $4.74
      MP1:
      $5.41

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, K.
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, BU folds, SB calls $0.23, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.6) 5, 9, 5 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.6) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30.

River: ($1.2) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, SB raises to $4.58(All-In), Hero calls $3.38.

Final Pot: $10.36.
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I bet bigger on turn - $0.5 - your betsizing is sort of irrelevant to wether he calls at this limit imo - so get value whilst you can.

There is boat out and him suddenly deciding to shove worse flushes on the river is hard to put him on doing - esp when you bet pot. Think it comes down to instinct - I might be able to find a fold since NL5 is like the nittiest limit imo.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Even if it's possible SB is some reg who always has a pocket pair I wouldn't check back the flop. Most of his hands can't stand 2 barrels and sometimes he'll just not be willing to fight for that small pot. Also, you don't want to pot to be tiny if you make your flush along that way.

Turn obviously bet bigger and just hope he has something to call with.

River is still an easy valuebet tho I probably wouldn't bet pot, nothing in villain's line shows any strength whatsoever so far. Around $0.8 would be my default. When he check/shoves I'd really like to know whether he's a reg or not, if he is we're always beat by some slowplayed boat or nut flush, if he's not I'd probably call it off and expect to see some worse flushes as well as a random spazz bluff once in a while.

Hope it helps.