Multitabling

• ukspike
      ukspike
      Bronze
      Just a question for the multi-tablers out there.

I currently multi-table in a "tiled" view, and usually play 4 tables but I can play more quite comfortably.

I can fit upto 9 tables on my screen without any hassle, however the screens are smaller and I would prefer them larger as I feel it helps me concentrate on the game better.

Anyhow, my question is how do people go about multi-tabling 12 - 16 tables?

Do you stack the tables and if so are there any specfic settings you use to help you do it in the most organised and comfortable way.

I tried stacking and it seemed slightly difficult if i got hands on tables at the same time.

Also does anyone play 4 tables or so and use stacking rather than tile?
  • 12 replies
    • Sk0rPinouX
      Sk0rPinouX
      Bronze
      I play 16 tables on FTP by cascading them. All the table stay large, so i can see what's going on easily, and if there ise one table that requirem ore attention, i just drag it out on the other part of the screen to follow the action, then I just drag it back in the cascade.
      I also use table ninja, hotkeying the actions on my mouse =)
    • ukspike
      ukspike
      Bronze
      Table Ninja works with FTP? I thought it only worked with pokerstars.
    • Sk0rPinouX
      Sk0rPinouX
      Bronze
      They made another soft for FTP . it is still in beta test, so it is free =)
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hello ukspike,

There are various ways to assist in multitabling.

-Monitor Size
      -Multiple Monitors
      -Layouts (tiled, cascade, stacked console [Party])
      -Hotkeys (TableninjaFT [BETA free])
      -Tablescanners

Please make sure you can handle the workload when multitabling. Yes you can get many hands in and increase winrate but you also minimise the ability to make reads, take notes and take your time with decisions. For example I can easily 8 table but choose to 4 tabling instead. If I have to clear a bonus I may increase but it can also have negative effects.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Joronamo
    • LetchLord
      LetchLord
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sk0rPinouX
      They made another soft for FTP . it is still in beta test, so it is free =)
      Table Ninja for Full Tilt is not free anymore :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry:

There is a 30-day trial and it costs $60 after that :f_mad:
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      That sucks. It was last time I used it which was back in April. I am moving back to FTP soon though so might have to dish up some cash for it.
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      That sucks. It was last time I used it which was back in April. I am moving back to FTP soon though so might have to dish up some cash for it.
      Not worth it. It isnt even a final project yet. It is also half of what TN for Stars is.

There are plenty of free scripts that do just as much as Table Ninja FT.

As for Multi Tabling. I cascade untill I am playing more than around 8 then its just stacked so
      I can only focus on one small part of the screen and my eyes dont get tired fast. There
      is a really good video in the silver section by Jonathon Little which shows you how to put
      all the different settings to use. Once you get Silver status I recommend watching it.

IDK how efficient it would be to stack cash games because you need to pay attention to your
      villains and other things when you are not in a hand. I play SNGs so my huds do most of my
      work for me unless I need to see a result I just move the one table to the side and watch it.
    • LetchLord
      LetchLord
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by 8979687

There are plenty of free scripts that do just as much as Table Ninja FT.

Is there a script you'd recommend? Please let me know as it really sucks spending so much for Table Ninja FT...
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Can someone explain to me the concept of cascading? I dont understand how someone can play like this, everytime a table requires action i have to manually search for it and then when I want a new table and I have to find it again and again and then the cascading gets all messy. Am I missing something or is that cascading actually works?
      Bronze
      Can someone explain to me the concept of cascading? I dont understand how someone can play like this, everytime a table requires action i have to manually search for it and then when I want a new table and I have to find it again and again and then the cascading gets all messy. Am I missing something or is that cascading actually works?
      I suggest you try the silver video by Jonathon little. He demonstrates it in real time while he plays
      a pile of $6.50 SNGs. He explains the settingsa to use like bring table to front when action required.

Just search for Jonathon littles videos I think it may be the only silver one he made.

As for the free scripts. AHK works.. What I suggest is going to 2+2 and under internet poker section
      there is a software section right under internet poker. This is where you find all things scripts and
      mods and themes and even discussions on HEM and PT and all kinds of neat things.
    • Proky11
      Proky11
      Bronze

Is there a script you'd recommend? Please let me know as it really sucks spending so much for Table Ninja FT...
      I do not try this yet, but it looks good: Begginers guide to multitabling
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Proky11

I do not try this yet, but it looks good: Begginers guide to multitabling
      I read through it and it is kind of over complicated.

The advice about stacking is awsome and you definately should look ito AHK scripts but I dont
      recommend this one it is just so easy to do and more efficiently with your own "slots"

All you need to do with Stars is open a bunch of cash game tables but do not sit down.

Then you stack them all to the size and place you like.. I prefer middle of the screenish where my head
      can just comfortably look sraight ahead at a small enough table to see all the action in a fast glance.

After this you save the custom layout and I always save the custom layout under two slots.

Then close all the tables you only opened them to set your custom layout not to play.

Once I open my official twelve tables I select my stack layout and voila. If I need to see action it
      only takes a second to drag the table to where I can watch it with my mouse. I can just drag it
      back in in a heart beat when I am done with it. Sometimes I drag a few out to different spots.
      In this case I just select my cutom layout and they go back to stacked. I use two custom
      layouts that are the exact same because once you select one you would have to unselect it
      and reselect it to get it to reorganize but by just selecting the opposite one from what you had
      this problem is solved.

Since this is a FT section .....

Full Tilt is even easier. You do not need a custom layout. Just pick a table size and put it where you
      want it. As more tables open just click on the size you like and stack them and it does everything auto.

Some times I like the tables in different spot and sometimes I switch between a 32 inch tv and a 20 inch
      wide screen monitor so its just easier for me to set one table on a whim on Tilt then it is to go making
      specific layouts.

This walkthrough needs you to save 4 table sizes total on your screen. I just think its easier to
      have your tables in the middle and drag even if there is some overlap as long as you can see
      the villain you need a range ons hole cards or whatever action he does you need to see your set.