[NL20-NL50] Nl50 Aa

• Purity
      Purity
      Bronze
      Pretty interesting hand imo, where I can see it go several ways on the river depending on type of villain.

Villain in question (for 200hands) : 28/11/5/17 (vpip/pfr/af/wts)

0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Hero ($57.94)
      UTG+1 mortal_enemy ($71.41)
      CO DaDonUS ($74.55)
      BTN pokeherface ($52.69)
      SB visageproo ($50)
      BB TouroutJames ($22.37)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is UTG A:spade: A:diamond:
      Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, DaDonUS calls $2, 3 folds

Flop: J:heart: 4:spade: 2:spade: ($4.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $3, DaDonUS calls $3

Turn: Q:heart: ($10.75, 2 players)
      Hero bets $7, DaDonUS calls $7

River: J:diamond: ($24.75, 2 players)
      Hero checks, DaDonUS bets $14.50, Hero folds

I chose not too bet out on the R since I don't think this particular player would pay me off with something like 88/99, I think he sometimes would fold them aswel to the secondB.

I do see him calling flop + turn from time to time IP with 77/88/99 because he could possible be ahead against me secondB'ing draws or pure air. But I also figured he would be happy too see a showdown with those hands and check it behind on the river.

Basically I didn't see much value anymore for betting, unless I put him on a peeled AQ/KQ or Q :spade: x :spade: hand. He could obviously also talk himself into a herocall and put me on air but I doubt that would have been the case since I haven't been to active on the table.

I guess my question also is, would villain be betting several Qx hand on the river or would he rather choose to check it down.

Obviously there is also the case of the missed FD which migh bluff.

I know most people would just call here and against a player who I know is capable of making some moves and reading hands or is pretty agressive I would make it a call.
      But I didn't have that feeling for this guy so I was deciding between bet/fold and check/fold.

Should I have made a small blocking bet of 1/3 pot that Qx hands still call and folds to a raise ?

Ok, after analyzing my own hand I really like the idea of a 1/3th blocking bet here since I'm fairly certain he's not the type too bluff raise me on the river.

Sorry for long post, just putting my thoughst out there .
  • 2 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I think as played calling river is a must because there are missed draws and villain does have 5 AF. I also think check/call river would be better than blockbet/fold since he could bluff raise you if you show weakness.

Though I was considering how about c/r on the turn, I think this would be a nice play, but what sux is the fact your stack on the turn is too big to check/shove, so I am not so sure this line would work all that well.

Cheers!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      He would likely valuebet there Qx and would also bluff with busted draws, so i would also call his river bet