Jackpot SnG's

• 4 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi DecMate,

You are usually paying extra tournament fee/rake to help cover the jackpot prize guarantee but I don't know if William Hill also provide additional added value themselves on top of this.

In addition you usually start with a lower stack (used to be just 1,000 in my day) or a quicker clock.

I once won 4 in a row many years ago on an old ipoker skin, but was 3rd in the all important 5th one.

In my own personal opinion, based on previous experience, even the very best of sng players would struggle to win outright all 5 in row, due to the high variance in stt's [Edit - however William Hill have pointed out that many players already have]

I personally believe there is usually more value in grinding out the standard regular ones where your knowledge and icm edge has a greater influence.

Just my own personal opinion, but based on many years experience. Each to their own however if you want to take a stab at them go for it, just stick to a sensible BRM.

Best regards,

Bart

All views expressed are my own personal opinions based on previous experience and do not necessarily represent an official PokerStrategy view.
    • stiansk
      stiansk
      Bronze
      lets say you finnish 1st place like 11% of the times, a coach here does so

0,11^5

the odds are very very tiny
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Hi DecMate,

You are usually paying extra tournament fee/rake to help cover the jackpot prize guarantee but I don't know if William Hill also provide additional added value themselves on top of this.

In addition you usually start with a lower stack (used to be just 1,000 in my day) or a quicker clock.

I once won 4 in a row many years ago on an old ipoker skin, but was 3rd in the all important 5th one.

In my own personal opinion, based on previous experience, even the very best of sng players would struggle to win outright all 5 in row, due to the high variance in stt's [Edit - however William Hill have pointed out that many players already have]

I personally believe there is usually more value in grinding out the standard regular ones where your knowledge and icm edge has a greater influence.

Just my own personal opinion, but based on many years experience. Each to their own however if you want to take a stab at them go for it, just stick to a sensible BRM.

Best regards,

Bart

All views expressed are my own personal opinions based on previous experience and do not necessarily represent an official PokerStrategy view.
      Yeah i guess so, the prizes are just huge which caught my attention, a 5$ sng, win 5 and it's a 71k prize :O but yeah the chances are tiny
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

William Hill have asked me to point out that 78 of their players have already won in excess of $1.05million in 2010 via their Jackpot sng's.
      These tournaments can represent a good way of winning large cash rewards from modest buyin's.

I have also edited my original comment regarding the buyin slightly. As mentioned, from my own experience the tournament fee is usually higher than a regular Sng which I assume is to help cover the added jackpot prizes provided. I do not however know whether William Hill also add additional added value to the jackpot prizes themselves and I'm therefore more than happy to remove my original assumption.

As I mentioned earlier, I have also enjoyed playing these events myself in the past, coming extremely close to the jackpot on one occasion.

My earlier post was not intended on detracting from what is a fun event enjoyed by many, but rather to ensure that members are aware of the differences from a standard sit & go so that they can make an informed decision themselves based on the full facts.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, myself, PokerStrategy admins or indeed William Hill representatives would be more than happy to help.

Best regards,

Bart