Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $4,32
      Hero:
      $1,97

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K:spade: , K:club:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, 5 folds, SB calls $0,07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,18) 6:club: , A:spade: , J:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,09, Hero raises to $0,28, SB calls $0,19.

Turn: ($0,74) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,42, SB calls $0,42.

River: ($1,58) T:diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1,58
      Well the title says it all...overplayed on this flop and against the fish?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Not really. It's sketchy considering we don't have any specific reads and bad players will have Ax quite a lot, that said he can still play any other piece of the board like that, straight draws flush draws Jx 6x random gutshots (even tho we have a lot of Kx hands blocked)... I'm fine with you actually raising that even for value when in doubt.

Turn is a blank unless he made two pairs somehow, you just need to decide again if he has something other than Ax often enough to warrant you making another valuebet. If you were right on the flop, more often than not it still applies on that turn, but if you're wrong you're compounding a mistake. Just depends on your playstyle I guess, I don't mind checking behind to keep it all small ball nor betting again for thin value when in doubt.

River check is fine obviously, hard for Jx to call again, KQ got there, clubs missed. There are no longer enough worse hands that can call a bet to balance out for all the times he shows up with Ax.

Hope it help.