[NL2-NL10] NL 10 overpairs on re-raised pot

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $14,24
      Hero:
      $9,90

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9:diamond: , 9:spade:
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises to $0,40, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0,40, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0,95) 7:heart: , 2:spade: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,60, Hero raises to $1,50, MP1 calls $0,90.

Turn: ($3,95) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($3,95) 4:club: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $1,20, Hero calls $1,20.

Final Pot: $6,35

Called pre-flop for set value. I´m not sure if I should call his contibet, so I decided to re-raise to find out where I´m at. Don´t know if i should call river, but as I checked behind on the turn I should mostly call half potsize bets.

2)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,31
      CO:
      $10,11
      BU:
      $10,05

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T:heart: , T:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, CO calls $0,40, BU raises to $1,60, 2 folds, Hero calls $1,20, CO calls $1,20.

Flop: ($4,95) 3:diamond: , 4:club: , 7:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU bets $2, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $6,95

Called again for set value. Nice flop again, sadly only hand that I´ll probably beat is AK. Maybe makse some kind of donkbet and fold to the re-raise.

3)
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $12,11
      UTG+2:
      $4,79
      MP3:
      $10

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:diamond: , T:spade:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 raises to $0,20, 2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,60, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,50, UTG+2 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,85) 5:spade: , 7:heart: , 4:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $0,20, MP3 raises to $0,60, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $2,65

Don´t know if I should call only min-raise with TT, JJ from UTG or I should maybe re-raise. At this hand I called for set value and decided to play check/fold
  • 1 reply
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Kaitz20!

Hand 1) Nice hand! You are in position and have to find out how good your hand is so a raise on the flop is correct. Since he calls you a check behind on the turn for pot control is correct, too. And on the river you have to call because he could bet any ace here.

Hand 2) Fold preflop because you are not getting the odds to call for set value here (you and your opponent need a remaining stack of 15 times the amount of the raise). In addition you are out of position and don't know what you are up against if you flop an overpair (like in this case).

Hand 3) After a minraise from a shortstack in UTG+2 and a reraise I would fold preflop although you are getting the odds. UTG+2 still acts behind you and you would have to fold to another raise. If you call with TT for setvalue and don't hit your set you have an easy check/fold even if you flop an overpair because preflop raise and reraise often means at least one big pair.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81