[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 Aq

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      1)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $4,88
      Hero:
      $10

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:heart: , A:spade:
      UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises to $0,30, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0,30, 4 folds.

Flop: ($0,75) 8:spade: , 2:diamond: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0,50, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1,25

Don´t know if call is good thing here. MP1 isn´t so big stack, but I still might be ahead, should I re-raise pre-flop then. On the other hand I have position and on good flops (this is actually quite nice) I could re-raise/fold.

2)
      0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:heart: , Q:heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, MP3 calls $0,40, 3 folds, BB raises to $1,00, Hero calls $0,60, MP3 raises to $1,70 (All-In), BB raises to $1,90 (All-In), Hero calls $0,90.

Flop: ($5,55) 4:diamond: , 7:club: , A:club:
      Turn: ($5,55) 8:heart:
      River: ($5,55) 3:diamond:

Final Pot: $5,55

This pre-flop action is not very nice for AQ. Both players are low stacks. I don´t like BB re-raise, but there is some MP3 dead money in the pot, so mostly MP3 pushes all-in, after I´ve called BB re-raise.

3)
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $7,19
      Hero:
      $13,99
      BU:
      $9,32

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:spade: , A:club:
      Hero raises to $0,40, 2 folds, BU calls $0,40, SB calls $0,35, BB folds.

Flop: ($1,30) K:spade: , A:heart: , T:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0,70, BU folds, SB raises to $1,40, Hero calls $0,70.

Turn: ($4,10) 4:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($4,10) 3:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,80, Hero calls $0,80.

Final Pot: $5,70

Sick flop. I can´t beat nothing here and I should fold if SB raised on the turn. River I get 5:1, I could hope, that SB check/re-raised with KQ, JT, AJ, AQ. so I decided to call.

4)
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9,85
      BB:
      $10

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:spade: , Q:heart:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, SB calls $0,35, BB raises to $1,00, Hero calls $0,60, SB folds.

Flop: ($2,40) Q:club: , 3:spade: , K:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $1, Hero raises to $2,50, BB calls $1,50.

Turn: ($7,40) 7:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($7,40) J:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $6,50 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $13,90

BB was very defensive and often re-raised with Ax on BB. That´s why I re-raised flop. Sadly he called and I can´t beat anything on the river
  • 3 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Kaitz20!

Hand 1) Reraise preflop. If you just call you might get even more callers because the odds are good for the other players. With AQ you don't want to play against many players. With a reraise there is a higher probability that you play heads-up in position (that's what you want to achieve).

Hand 2) Nice hand! You have to call these minraises because the odds you are getting are way too good.

Hand 3) Nice hand! You have to call his minraise on the flop because of the odds and your gutshotstraight draw. On the turn check behind for pot control is correct, too. And on the river - as you already mentioned - the odds are too good to fold your hand

Hand 4) If you raise on the flop because of your reads you should raise more because flushdraws call your small raise anyway.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Thanks for comments.

1) BSS SHC says that I should bet/fold AQ from MP. I think that it also depends if MP1 raises was tight or loose. If he is loose, then isolation play seems fine, if he is tight than fold would be better. Also if I bet AQ from MP1 and I get re-raised, should I call form pot odds?
      4)You are right, I just hoped that he would fold if he don´t have anything. If I decide to raise 3,5$ or 4$ then I should move all-in on the turn, if the blank comes, because I´m pot commited? and I dont want to call his all-in push on the river if scary card arrives.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      1) It depends on your opponent whether you should raise or fold but if your opponent isn't really tight an isolation play works fine. If you raise AQ from MP1 and get reraised it also depends on the reraising range of your opponent but normally I would fold here because AQ out of position in a reraised pot isn't easy to play.

4) I would fold to any further action if he calls your big raise. Unless you have a read that he is definitely on a flushdraw you can play check/fold on every street.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81