This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

FTPs What will you buy?

• Emilgin
      Emilgin
      Bronze
      What are you guys saving your FTPs/Medals for and did you buy anything fun in the past?

I'm currently saving up to buy the FT watch, looks awesome imo and after only 4 days of being a member I almost reached halfway to the 9k needed! =)
  • 19 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      imo, iron man medals are best spent on the bonus's ($100, $300, $600). FTP's i'm just saving and one day in the future im sure i'll get something big.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      imo, iron man medals are best spent on the bonus's ($100, $300, $600). FTP's i'm just saving and one day in the future im sure i'll get something big.
      this , I am saving for a big big thing in the future

like the custom avatar
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      right now i´m spending my FTP on step1 tickets... play up to step 3 and use them to play 45men or 90men KO tournaments. at least that´s the plan :P . until now i´ve played exactly one 45men and got lucky ^^

my ironman medals are now reserved to buy ironman months and days :P .

in the past i puchased some step1 tickets from the IM store and the binoculars (they are still at the customs office :( ).

from the FTP store i got a lot of step1 tickets, the bathrobe (which is awesome and a must buy imo :) ), the poker mindset (book), security token and the 24" samsung tft. those are the things i would recommend...
      furthermore i bought the ipod touch 64gb which sucks imo. well it doesn´t really suck but i think it´s just way overpriced. surfing in the internet is torturing me every time and it´s still way too small to watch videos. i should have sold it when it got to me ^^.
      i also tried to buy 2 ipod nanos 8gb (?) and sell them on ebay... this tilted me as well because it took like 8(?) weeks till i got them and then another 8days till i got my money -.-

so i guess i will stick to the ticket stuff until there is something really nice in the store (but i wouldn´t be able to buy it anyway. my FTP points balance is something like 500 right now ^^)

//edit: btw: i would never, ever buy a custom avatar ^^
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      H'okay.

With Iron Man medals I've bought the $100 bonus - which I really should have withdrawn rather than share with my fellow FL friends. :f_cry: I'm currently saving up for the Iron Man Jacket - cause I don't have a jacket and, well, why the hell not. After that I will buy bonuses and/or tourney tickets depending on how I'm feeling at the time.

With FTP points I bought the 300 pc Chipset ('cause they can't/won't ship the 500pc set to NZ for, I can only assume, customs reasons).

I've just ordered the convertable duffel bag, the random cheap FTP T-shirt for grinding wear, the plastic playing cards and "Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time" by Jon Turner et al.

On my "to buy" list are:

:club: "The Poker Mindset"
      :club: The whizz bang "ultimate" hoodie
      :club: The expensive cap (because it is the only one that looks worth buying from the pics - and I could use another cap).
      :club: The grey t-shirt (cause I'm a sucker for t-shirts I guess?).
      :club: I'm considering another 300pc chipset so I've got tons of chips - still a little undecided on this one.

After that I guess I'll save up for one of the iPods and/or tourney tickets. Unless of course FTP ever decide to ship the poker tables to NZ. :f_eek:

Oh, and if the new Harrington 6 max online NL book is added to the shop (once it's released) I'll probably consider picking that up.
    • ljovej
      ljovej
      Bronze
      Hi guys I have ordered some T-shirts from store.
      Do you have to pay some taxes when receiving ordered goods from Full Tilt store?
      I am from Serbia and I had to pay some ridiculous importing taxes to Serbian border police.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hello ljovej,

Not to sure about Serbian importing policies but your rakeback will be affected because you have purchased an item/s from the store.

For more information please read:

Best regards,

Joronamo
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      //edit: btw: i would never, ever buy a custom avatar ^^
      why not? spending 6k worth of points for something that's free on stars makes perfect sence to me
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      uh you are right :D
      and most of the players (including myself) won´t even see it because you can just switch it off :P
    • ljovej
      ljovej
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      Hello ljovej,

Not to sure about Serbian importing policies but your rakeback will be affected because you have purchased an item/s from the store.

For more information please read:

best regards,

Joronamo
      I know about rakeback affecting and that is not so expensive.
      My T-shirts are delivered and I am satisfied with them and with Full Tilt store.
      I asked you from EU countries how much are you charged in customs office for receiving goods from FT store.
      Meanwhile I've read some of HM Revenue & Customs(UK) laws and discovered that the serbian Customs Duty and Import VAT are really awful.
      In any other country I would not pay anything for goods of that value.

best regards,

ljovej
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Glad to hear everything worked out.
    • MrEnig
      MrEnig
      Bronze
      currently saving for the FullTilt garbage can. Because sometimes you totally feel like throwing garbage at them.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      You should obviously buy the clock. It's awesome, though too small.
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      ftps and medals are useless if you have rb, you can go and buy urself these things with the $$ you save by not using points. for example a junk watch costs 9000 ftp which is like 50$ a bit less, i can go and buy 10 junk chinese watches for 50$. the mini cooper is like 30 000$ if i recall right about 1ftp = 0.005$ rb. Why would someone want to pay 30k for a mini from ft?( ?(
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Buy RSA tokens instead of trash can. :P
    • alberts1955
      alberts1955
      Bronze
      Skyscrapers it's all about the logo not the items :D
      go buy like FTP watch or shirt on store( not ebey).
      and u pay with rakeback only for shipping services not for whole item.
      btw w8ing for t-shirt atm, next will be watch+ hat :)
    • malosanmaka
      malosanmaka
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Skyscrapers
      ftps and medals are useless if you have rb, you can go and buy urself these things with the $$ you save by not using points. for example a junk watch costs 9000 ftp which is like 50$ a bit less, i can go and buy 10 junk chinese watches for 50$. the mini cooper is like 30 000$ if i recall right about 1ftp = 0.005$ rb. Why would someone want to pay 30k for a mini from ft?( ?(
      Buying that watch for 9000 ftp is 0.27 * 45$ = 12.15$ hit to your rakeback.

Mini cooper would probably be 30k * 0.27 plus whatever shipping costs.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Sorry for digressing slightly, but what's an RSA token?
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Sorry for digressing slightly, but what's an RSA token?
      The security hardware that you carry around with you on your keyring. Generates a new code every 30secs that you need to log in to your account.

I ordered one yesterday. They said to allow 6- 8 weeks for shipping :(
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Many thanks MikeyH - I wondered. :s_thumbsup: As you were.