FTPs What will you buy?

• Emilgin
      Emilgin
      Bronze
      What are you guys saving your FTPs/Medals for and did you buy anything fun in the past?

I'm currently saving up to buy the FT watch, looks awesome imo and after only 4 days of being a member I almost reached halfway to the 9k needed! =)
  • 19 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      imo, iron man medals are best spent on the bonus's ($100, $300, $600). FTP's i'm just saving and one day in the future im sure i'll get something big.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      imo, iron man medals are best spent on the bonus's ($100, $300, $600). FTP's i'm just saving and one day in the future im sure i'll get something big.
      this , I am saving for a big big thing in the future

like the custom avatar
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      right now i´m spending my FTP on step1 tickets... play up to step 3 and use them to play 45men or 90men KO tournaments. at least that´s the plan :P . until now i´ve played exactly one 45men and got lucky ^^

my ironman medals are now reserved to buy ironman months and days :P .

in the past i puchased some step1 tickets from the IM store and the binoculars (they are still at the customs office :( ).

from the FTP store i got a lot of step1 tickets, the bathrobe (which is awesome and a must buy imo :) ), the poker mindset (book), security token and the 24" samsung tft. those are the things i would recommend...
      furthermore i bought the ipod touch 64gb which sucks imo. well it doesn´t really suck but i think it´s just way overpriced. surfing in the internet is torturing me every time and it´s still way too small to watch videos. i should have sold it when it got to me ^^.
      i also tried to buy 2 ipod nanos 8gb (?) and sell them on ebay... this tilted me as well because it took like 8(?) weeks till i got them and then another 8days till i got my money -.-

so i guess i will stick to the ticket stuff until there is something really nice in the store (but i wouldn´t be able to buy it anyway. my FTP points balance is something like 500 right now ^^)

//edit: btw: i would never, ever buy a custom avatar ^^
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      H'okay.

With Iron Man medals I've bought the $100 bonus - which I really should have withdrawn rather than share with my fellow FL friends. :f_cry: I'm currently saving up for the Iron Man Jacket - cause I don't have a jacket and, well, why the hell not. After that I will buy bonuses and/or tourney tickets depending on how I'm feeling at the time.

With FTP points I bought the 300 pc Chipset ('cause they can't/won't ship the 500pc set to NZ for, I can only assume, customs reasons).

I've just ordered the convertable duffel bag, the random cheap FTP T-shirt for grinding wear, the plastic playing cards and "Winning Poker Tournaments One Hand at a Time" by Jon Turner et al.

On my "to buy" list are:

:club: "The Poker Mindset"
      :club: The whizz bang "ultimate" hoodie
      :club: The expensive cap (because it is the only one that looks worth buying from the pics - and I could use another cap).
      :club: The grey t-shirt (cause I'm a sucker for t-shirts I guess?).
      :club: I'm considering another 300pc chipset so I've got tons of chips - still a little undecided on this one.

After that I guess I'll save up for one of the iPods and/or tourney tickets. Unless of course FTP ever decide to ship the poker tables to NZ. :f_eek:

Oh, and if the new Harrington 6 max online NL book is added to the shop (once it's released) I'll probably consider picking that up.
    • ljovej
      ljovej
      Bronze
      Hi guys I have ordered some T-shirts from store.
      Do you have to pay some taxes when receiving ordered goods from Full Tilt store?
      I am from Serbia and I had to pay some ridiculous importing taxes to Serbian border police.
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hello ljovej,

Not to sure about Serbian importing policies but your rakeback will be affected because you have purchased an item/s from the store.

For more information please read:

Best regards,

Joronamo
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      //edit: btw: i would never, ever buy a custom avatar ^^
      why not? spending 6k worth of points for something that's free on stars makes perfect sence to me
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      uh you are right :D
      and most of the players (including myself) won´t even see it because you can just switch it off :P
    • ljovej
      ljovej
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Joronamo
      Hello ljovej,

Not to sure about Serbian importing policies but your rakeback will be affected because you have purchased an item/s from the store.

For more information please read:

best regards,

Joronamo
      I know about rakeback affecting and that is not so expensive.
      My T-shirts are delivered and I am satisfied with them and with Full Tilt store.
      I asked you from EU countries how much are you charged in customs office for receiving goods from FT store.
      Meanwhile I've read some of HM Revenue & Customs(UK) laws and discovered that the serbian Customs Duty and Import VAT are really awful.
      In any other country I would not pay anything for goods of that value.

best regards,

ljovej
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Glad to hear everything worked out.
    • MrEnig
      MrEnig
      Bronze
      currently saving for the FullTilt garbage can. Because sometimes you totally feel like throwing garbage at them.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      You should obviously buy the clock. It's awesome, though too small.
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      ftps and medals are useless if you have rb, you can go and buy urself these things with the $$ you save by not using points. for example a junk watch costs 9000 ftp which is like 50$ a bit less, i can go and buy 10 junk chinese watches for 50$. the mini cooper is like 30 000$ if i recall right about 1ftp = 0.005$ rb. Why would someone want to pay 30k for a mini from ft?( ?(
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Buy RSA tokens instead of trash can. :P
    • alberts1955
      alberts1955
      Bronze
      Skyscrapers it's all about the logo not the items :D
      go buy like FTP watch or shirt on store( not ebey).
      and u pay with rakeback only for shipping services not for whole item.
      btw w8ing for t-shirt atm, next will be watch+ hat :)
    • malosanmaka
      malosanmaka
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Skyscrapers
      ftps and medals are useless if you have rb, you can go and buy urself these things with the $$ you save by not using points. for example a junk watch costs 9000 ftp which is like 50$ a bit less, i can go and buy 10 junk chinese watches for 50$. the mini cooper is like 30 000$ if i recall right about 1ftp = 0.005$ rb. Why would someone want to pay 30k for a mini from ft?( ?(
      Buying that watch for 9000 ftp is 0.27 * 45$ = 12.15$ hit to your rakeback.

Mini cooper would probably be 30k * 0.27 plus whatever shipping costs.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Sorry for digressing slightly, but what's an RSA token?
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Sorry for digressing slightly, but what's an RSA token?
      The security hardware that you carry around with you on your keyring. Generates a new code every 30secs that you need to log in to your account.

I ordered one yesterday. They said to allow 6- 8 weeks for shipping :(
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Many thanks MikeyH - I wondered. :s_thumbsup: As you were.