[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SH BSS TPTK against overbet

• degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)  
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $39,61
      BB:
      $41,90

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:club: , A:diamond:
      Hero raises to $1,00, 2 folds, BB calls $0,75.

Flop: ($2,10) 5:diamond: , A:club: , 3:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $5, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $7,10

Villain was solid, and I had pretty LAGgy image on the table, how to respond to the big overbet?
  • 4 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Doesnt look solid if he makes such weird moves. Maybe you were stealing him too often and he got fed up and tried to use the A as a scarecard and make you to fold. I think id at least give him a call there and see what he does next. If he keeps betting big on turn you can safely fold. But in most cases when they see that big bet getting called and they are OOP they slow down on the turn.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      I'm just too curious in these spots. I'd call and see what happens on the turn (especially with a loose image). Being so deep though I'd fold to any significant action later in the hand since villain could be trapping rather than tilting.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi degnic!

I would also call here. The huge overbet doesn't necessarily mean that he has a good hand. You are in position and have TPTK. Call and reevalute on the turn.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      You also have backdoor nut flush draw.