SNG how to handle things after bubble

• Xidjo
      Xidjo
      Bronze
      So I finally decided that I will be playing and mastering SNG' s instead of cash games as I found that I learn better at playing SNG' s. Still I'm just beginner, at this point I still don't play 1-table games, but mostly 45 player regular tourneys.

The thing is that I can easily get in to first 15 players, mostly in final table. Still, here's deal that in most cases I don't have much chips left and several times I' ve dropped out in like 8th or 7th place due to that (prizes at 45 players is from 6th place...).

I' m re-watching bronze SNG videos everyday by now, but I really don't understand by now how to get higher stack. Sometimes I manage to do that by playing very thight, sometimes I fail. Anyone got suggestions how to play to get till that 6th place and brake even or maybe even get higher and win. Usually by this time at final table with 6-9 people left binds are 500/1000. =\

Xidjo
  • 2 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      i'm grinding $0,25 45man sng's at pokerstars atm and top 7 finish in cash. I've been running over 100% ROI on over 300 of them so i guess i could help you out a little.

You have to remember sng's are very swingy, 45man sng's make that even worse. in general i think i reach the final table about 40-50% of the time because i crush these fish. I usualy play 12 of them at the same time for that reason and because they take like 2 hours. Yesterday i was even playing 7 final tables at one point :f_grin:

Anyway besides that, i'd recommend playing tight agressive. Only play good hands, you don't want to play hands like a5 offsuit early in the tournament or even late in the tournament unless your really shortstacked and then an A comes on the flop and then get beat by AK for example. Solid ABC poker is enough to win at these limits and blind steal when your in a good spot. (if you haven't read that article then read it). Just get your chips in with good hands basicaly.

I highly recommend downloading the ICM trainer and posting hands in the hand evaluation forum for < $5 sngs. Last week i was running breakeven for over 100 of them with my ROI that's really rediculous.. that's how swingy they can be. If you play good results will follow though.

This isn't that much help, but idk what else i could do to help you. If you post some hands though me and the other peopl and hand judges in the hand evaluation forum can help you play better though.

edit: if you bust 7th or 8th alot then your probably waiting to long to push your chips in.Imo you should really play to win it even if that means busting out of the cash because 1st gets you so much more money then 6th that it definetly makes it worth it.
    • Xidjo
      Xidjo
      Bronze
      Very interesting post from you, Hahaownedlolz! Thanks for that. I have already installed ICM trainer and I will use it next time I play tournament!

Currently I'm playing only one tournament at time, because I'm not that good to play several in the same time.

So, if I post my hands in the hand evaluation forum people might help with some tips how to play them better and stuff?

Xidjo