$10.00
      BB:
      $13.40
      UTG1 (Hero):
      $9.52
      UTG2:
      $10.65

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.40, 5 folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 9, 6, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BU calls $0.90.

Turn: ($2.75) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.75, BU raises to $8.17(All-In), Hero???
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I don't play rush poker, so this might be totally wrong - but I would usually call vs unknown in normal games.

Sets are unlikely given board, and a lot of the time BU would raise the flop anway. Turn raise can be draws, medium made hands like TT JJ, A9s that feel commited by calling so just shove, and sometimes slowplayed sets or QQ+. Some villians can have 4x, but thats going to be a small part of any range.

Calling can be slighly high variance depending on how BU really plays, but on average you have enough equity to call imo.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I don't play rush poker, so this might be totally wrong - but I would usually call vs unknown in normal games.

Sets are unlikely given board, and a lot of the time BU would raise the flop anway. Turn raise can be draws, medium made hands like TT JJ, A9s that feel commited by calling so just shove, and sometimes slowplayed sets or QQ+. Some villians can have 4x, but thats going to be a small part of any range.

Calling can be slighly high variance depending on how BU really plays, but on average you have enough equity to call imo.
      Sounds fine once you put so much money in there against an unknown, obviously it's inherent to rush poker that you can't adapt to your opponent. Let's just hope he doesn't know what he's doing since our hand is pretty much face up once we pot both streets and I can't see a reasonable player in a nit field shove much that we actually beat in that spot.

Hope it helps.