[NL2-NL10] NL10 shorthanded AK

• 7 replies
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      In my opinion until he is a big fish the best case is just a flip...but i dont think ur going to be positive before flop...in rush i didn t see a reg shovin jj or 10 10 pf...best case i think he has atleast qq...equilate with qq+range aks+ and u ll see ure a big underdog!so?i think a fold its fine?w8ing for other opinios?did u call?what die he have?
      Best of
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      I did call.
      He had aces.

I've seen middle stacked players shove with 88+ or AJ+, that's why I thought I might be ahead. If he had KK or AA, I was behind, if he had AJ or AQ, I was ahead, otherwise it was a flip.
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Now that I think of it, calling was a bit dumb. If he had 22-QQ, it was a flip. I was only ahead against A2-AQ, which was unlikely.
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      Played a bit rush!nl 5 about 10k hands and what i saw there is frustrated.....nits over nits playing kk or aa and lower 4 sets...they're so predictable!so there i think u didn t beat anithing...so i dont think even the fish soved aq or aj there!unlikely a2->aj...so make a note on him and nxt time easy fold!i maximum call a 40bb stack!gl
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Yeah, thanks. :)
      And I actually usually shove AK against players with 70BB or less, had good results so far.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Most often he has sth like QQ+, AKs, AKo and you have 23% against this.

Sometimes you will see some crazy stuff but it is better to just fold. This is rush and you won't see him too often.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think everybody pretty much covered it, it's just not worth it :)