This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 shorthanded AK

• 7 replies
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      In my opinion until he is a big fish the best case is just a flip...but i dont think ur going to be positive before flop...in rush i didn t see a reg shovin jj or 10 10 pf...best case i think he has atleast qq...equilate with qq+range aks+ and u ll see ure a big underdog!so?i think a fold its fine?w8ing for other opinios?did u call?what die he have?
      Best of
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      I did call.
      He had aces.

I've seen middle stacked players shove with 88+ or AJ+, that's why I thought I might be ahead. If he had KK or AA, I was behind, if he had AJ or AQ, I was ahead, otherwise it was a flip.
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Now that I think of it, calling was a bit dumb. If he had 22-QQ, it was a flip. I was only ahead against A2-AQ, which was unlikely.
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      Played a bit rush!nl 5 about 10k hands and what i saw there is frustrated.....nits over nits playing kk or aa and lower 4 sets...they're so predictable!so there i think u didn t beat anithing...so i dont think even the fish soved aq or aj there!unlikely a2->aj...so make a note on him and nxt time easy fold!i maximum call a 40bb stack!gl
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      Yeah, thanks. :)
      And I actually usually shove AK against players with 70BB or less, had good results so far.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Most often he has sth like QQ+, AKs, AKo and you have 23% against this.

Sometimes you will see some crazy stuff but it is better to just fold. This is rush and you won't see him too often.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think everybody pretty much covered it, it's just not worth it :)