[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Fr Ak

• Escobario
      Escobario
      Bronze
      hey there, this is a hand from a couple days ago, at the time i thought i played it right but now im pretty sure i fked up! its one of my problem hands anyway, losing alot of money with tptk to sets and twopairs things like that. anyhow, here we go

MP1 raises to 4bb, folded around to me in the BB, i reraise x3 with AKo, mp1 calls

flop comes 6JA rainbow. i raise 2/3 pot, mp1 reraises me x3, i fold

typically i would reraise shove in this spot but often iv been losing alot like that so im trying to play a bit more cautiously with TPTK.

looking back i think i probably should have got the money in , its unlikely he called my PF reraise with AJ for twopair, possibly he has 66 or JJ for a set and has me crushed, but also could have AQ, JQ, KQ.

however, villians stats were 15/10 over 700 hands, folds to a PFreraise 50% of the time, and folds to a cbet 85% of the time.

any thoughts here are much appreciated
  • 3 replies
    • Escobario
      Escobario
      Bronze
      another example with my problem hand! this one seems easier tho, but i still took a fair loss on the hand and would also like evaluation on this, but i wont waste everyones time with another thread. (finally learned how to do this pasting btw, let me know if its necessary for the previous post although i did make sure i included all relevant info for that hand too)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($12.50)
      BB ($14.35)
      UTG ($5.30)
      UTG+1 ($7.30)
      UTG+2 ($9.25)
      MP1 ($10)
      CO ($13.90)
      BTN ($6.05)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.40, Hero raises to $1.60, fold, UTG+1 calls $1.20, fold

FLOP ($3.70) 9:heart: Q:diamond: 7:club:

Hero bets $2.30, UTG+1 raises to $5.70 (AI), Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $7.90

main questions for this one is 1) should i be cbetting this flop against an UTG raiser (could be AQ or QQ)

2) should i call his shove (i know this is unlikely but it only costs me an extra 3.40 and hes allin)

i think out of the two hands i probably played this one better, just not so sure
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      About the second hand:

Cbeting is fine I think.
      You need 23% to call and against QQ-JJ, AQs+, AQo+ you have 26.5%.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

While villain is seemingly a tight player he's still calling a good amount of 3-bets, and if he knows what he's doing it kinda doesn't make that much sense for him to raise very strong hands on that flop. That said it's also not a flop he should be bluffing on unless he's pissed at you for 3-betting him often or something. I'd just shrug and shove it in when in doubt in case he's just playing AQ/AK badly.

Depends a lot on UTG+1's range. It's typically a very bad board for AK against an in position calling range, it hits a lot of hands enough with a pair or some gutshot/OESD that people aren't really inclined to fold too often since they put you on exactly what you have, a whiffed AK. Since he's bad I'd still c-bet that to get rid of other whiffed hands especially if he's aggressive enough to bet non Qx hands when i check to him, if he's relatively passive I don't mind just checking to him to see what happens.

Hope it helps.