After a good period, I tend to go down... Not sure how to deal with this

• BlackHawkEU
      BlackHawkEU
      Bronze
      I play for for 6 days now. I am new to the game, but I spent some time reading and watching videos. After I took the 50$ from quiz, I lost them all, on experimenting different things, so that period I do not consider it relevant.
      I play on BetFair and I have good results, but I also make huge mistakes at times that cost me a lot. I noticed that I tend to make lots of mistakes in first 15-20 minutes of the session, or right after I take a break. And the sad part is that few times I was way deep (50-70$ on NL20) and I lost it all in few hands when I came back from toilet. And that is frustrating, because I must start all over again.
      I don't go on tilt because of the loses. I just play bad at times. My mind just fails to work right when I came back.

I also tend to make some mistakes during normal play and I do not know how to spot them. I could use some help in analyzing my hands. I tried to use Poker Tracker, and I use it while I play, but I can't figure out how to take full advantage of it.

Is there anyone that could look at my hands and show me what I do wrong?
      I have many hands that are at least interesting, but there are that many that I don't even know how to pick the key hands... so I am in the position where I don't really know what to ask, but I feel that I have so many things to ask...

I don't know if I make to much sense... I am really tired now and a bit pissed off because I had a great day until I decided to take a break... and went back in. Bad call...
  • 2 replies
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      If you recognise the start of a session or when you return from a break as a time where you seem to have a lot of leaks, the logical thing would be for you to tighten up for a certain number of hands or a pre-designated time after returning from a break.

Maybe for the first 20/30 minutes of your session only play top 10% of preflop starting hands and then open up your game from there?
    • BlackHawkEU
      BlackHawkEU
      Bronze
      I think this needs to be my first lesson... stop when you don't play A game. Today I made like 100 profit and I ended the day with -16. For so many hours of work, I just managed to waste all in 40-45 minutes.