This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

After a good period, I tend to go down... Not sure how to deal with this

• BlackHawkEU
      BlackHawkEU
      Bronze
      I play for for 6 days now. I am new to the game, but I spent some time reading and watching videos. After I took the 50$ from quiz, I lost them all, on experimenting different things, so that period I do not consider it relevant.
      I play on BetFair and I have good results, but I also make huge mistakes at times that cost me a lot. I noticed that I tend to make lots of mistakes in first 15-20 minutes of the session, or right after I take a break. And the sad part is that few times I was way deep (50-70$ on NL20) and I lost it all in few hands when I came back from toilet. And that is frustrating, because I must start all over again.
      I don't go on tilt because of the loses. I just play bad at times. My mind just fails to work right when I came back.

I also tend to make some mistakes during normal play and I do not know how to spot them. I could use some help in analyzing my hands. I tried to use Poker Tracker, and I use it while I play, but I can't figure out how to take full advantage of it.

Is there anyone that could look at my hands and show me what I do wrong?
      I have many hands that are at least interesting, but there are that many that I don't even know how to pick the key hands... so I am in the position where I don't really know what to ask, but I feel that I have so many things to ask...

I don't know if I make to much sense... I am really tired now and a bit pissed off because I had a great day until I decided to take a break... and went back in. Bad call...
  • 2 replies
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      If you recognise the start of a session or when you return from a break as a time where you seem to have a lot of leaks, the logical thing would be for you to tighten up for a certain number of hands or a pre-designated time after returning from a break.

Maybe for the first 20/30 minutes of your session only play top 10% of preflop starting hands and then open up your game from there?
    • BlackHawkEU
      BlackHawkEU
      Bronze
      I think this needs to be my first lesson... stop when you don't play A game. Today I made like 100 profit and I ended the day with -16. For so many hours of work, I just managed to waste all in 40-45 minutes.