4 bet shoving with AK pre-flop 6max low limit?

• 9 replies
    • Jepons13
      Jepons13
      Bronze
      I'm not sure but I think it depends on the opponent if hes loose and his range could be JJ+ AQ+(50.7% equity) than its OK but if its QQ+ AK(39% equity) its not. But I'm just a newbie maybe I'm wrong.
    • tabooziz
      tabooziz
      Bronze
      Unless your opponent is on tilt or is a total fish it´s better to call the 3-bet and go from there.
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tabooziz
      Unless your opponent is on tilt or is a total fish it´s better to call the 3-bet and go from there.
      and check fold oop if you miss?
    • warmedia
      warmedia
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nefarious26
      yes if u call you are not the aggresor so it's a check/fold if you 3 bet and got called make a cbet at least even if you don't hit
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I'd say not to shove. The best you can really be is against AQ. Other than that it's a coin flip or you are dominated. That's just my opinion.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by warmedia
      Originally posted by nefarious26
      yes if u call you are not the aggresor so it's a check/fold if you 3 bet and got called make a cbet at least even if you don't hit
      Sigh.. No.. Just NO
    • ljovej
      ljovej
      Bronze
      Why 4bet?
      I think that 4bet is too much.
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      Poker is not always about making a hand ! When there is some dead money and you have premiums like AA KK QQ in most cases you collect them. Thus we can say that %20, %30 or maybe % 40 of all your profit comes from the premiums come from dead money you collect. AK is a profitable shove/shove calling hand against almost every type of players. You may have to be cautious against rocks but even then it should be at least break even. If you're not hitting enough that's just unlucky you can't do much about it.
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by roswellx
      Poker is not always about making a hand ! When there is some dead money and you have premiums like AA KK QQ in most cases you collect them. Thus we can say that %20, %30 or maybe % 40 of all your profit comes from the premiums come from dead money you collect. AK is a profitable shove/shove calling hand against almost every type of players. You may have to be cautious against rocks but even then it should be at least break even. If you're not hitting enough that's just unlucky you can't do much about it.[/quote

if i opened utg with my AK and a very nitty player 3 bets me in MP with like stats of 8/8 then im not that excited with my hand,
      AK is still only ace high which is going to miss the flop i think 2 out of 3 so it would be nice to see all 5 cards,
      also if im on the button and open this hand and a reg in the blinds with high 3 bet stats pops me then i could just call not wanting him to fold out hands i crush and to play him in position