Satellite policy

• akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      Guys, how much satellitey do you play? For example, there are $6 satellites for a $22 tourney on stars. What if one plays 3 of these sats and is still not in the tourney? Would you keep playing the sats? Coz it can be pretty damn annoying that you have spent almost the whole buyin but you are not registered to the tourney yet.

So, what do you think about stuff like this in general?
  • 3 replies
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      I'd like to hear peoples opinion on this too. Up to now I've never played satellites. I don't see the point in possibly spending the same or more to enter a tournament. In particular since most of the satellites are turbo, there is too much luck (or lack of) involved for my liking.

At most I'd personally only play one try and if I don't get in, pay the normal buyin. Playing more times would be like gambling IMO. That is of course unless I find that the satellites are full of fish. :s_cool:
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      its simple. if you are +EV in the sattelite then play it. Its just the same as any poker concept, you dont think "I missed the last 20 times I setmined so i wont do it now because if I hit my set I wont make back what i already spent" do you?

I think that if you dont have the BR to pay the regular buy in then you shouldn't play it even with a sattelite though as once you win the T$ they are part of your roll and should be used to buy in to tourneys you are rolled for.

I often play the sattelites cos they are soft and then just use the T$ on different tourneys, its a good way to build a roll.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Imo sats are really easy to grind but i'm talkin only bout the ones i use to play some times which are any BI level just structure 6max hyper turbo with 500 chip stacks and 1-2 get ticket and 3rd gets money back.

If ur solid and carefull and a bit lucky u can do quite good in these