[NL2-NL10] Nl10Sh Qq

• Brkanec
      Was it a good fold ? I mean can I expect being good after reraise on total blank turn when I showed strength pf, flop and turn ? He was a pretty tight guy, so I guess he would call only PP in this situation, 22,33,55-77 fold on the flop so basically all I beat is TT,JJ but with these hand I would expect raise for protection on the flop...

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, Q.
      2 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.5) 8, 9, 4 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BB calls $1.00, CO folds.

Turn: ($3.5) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BB raises to $7.00, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      The board is good for cold-calling a set. When you are facing a raise on such a blank river you are most often against sets or two pairs.

You are ahead only against some bluffs and funny played JJ or TT.
    • MaestroOfZerg

You have to realize that BB's incentive with a very strong hand would be to coldcall, both preflop and on the flop, so that the fishy CO sticks around. So him not (re)raising doesn't take any of his monster hands out of his range really.

On the turn it's now heads-up reg-on-reg violence, which means most regs will actually raise sets and two pairs at that point to get the stacks in. In truth it's probably better for him to call again and let you valuebet overpairs on the river so he can shove over. As for the other hands he could raise here, if he slowplayed KK+ he might raise there, if he's middling overplaying TT-JJ he might raise sometimes too. Overall I don't think it's worth finding out against a tight player.

Hope it helps.