[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Sh Aa

• Brkanec
      Brkanec
      Bronze
      MP3 guy was a TAG, SB fish, donkbet from SB doesn't mean anything, he was donkbet small/fold all the time, but didn't know where I stand after such a big 3bet from MP3 guy...

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $10.57
      BU:
      $17.52
      SB:
      $10.56
      BB:
      $8.31
      MP2 (Hero):
      $10.14
      MP3:
      $11.50

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A.
      Hero raises to $0.35, MP3 calls $0.35, 2 folds, SB calls $0.30, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.15) 4, 2, J (3 players)
      SB bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, MP3 raises to $3.00, SB folds, Hero ???

Ok, when I look at this hand now I should've shipped it :)
  • 4 replies
    • LSFC4ever
      LSFC4ever
      Bronze
      If he is really a TAG, you will see set from him almost every time.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      He raises against two guys - strength.

You won't see most often sth that you beat there so I thing you have an easy fold.
    • Brkanec
      Brkanec
      Bronze
      I think he knew that SB is fish and that he probably has nothing, so he could raise me because he thought that I know that SB is fish and has nothing and want to steal the pot :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

It's good that you're thinking about those things but really, I don't think you'll see many nl10 regs pull a move on you like that, especially when he makes such a huge raise, so I wouldn't put much weight into that situation-specific pure bluffs part of his range.

I think I would shove mostly for three reasons.

First I just can't rationalize such a big raise on his part when he has a monster in position with some fish left to act liable to stick around with crap hands and pay off huge with a 2nd best hand. It's just not that drawy of a board overall.

Second I think the most likely hands he does that with are semi-bluffs, maybe as strong as AdKd/AdQd/6d5d, thinking it "needs" to be a big raise to be scary and it also commits him to the pot so that he can't get cold feet anymore.

Third I see enough tags flat-calling big pairs MPvsUTG to confidently put some QQ-KK combos in his range, that are still able to value-raise in that spot against top pairs / worse overpairs and are a lot more vulnerable to giving cheap cards than sets are.

Hope it helps.