This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 - 33 - SET against BB , TAG

• wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $3.50
      CO (Hero):
      $11.20
      BU:
      $18.55
      SB:
      $10.45
      BB:
      $19.45
      UTG1:
      $6.35
      UTG2:
      $11.00
      MP1:
      $11.95
      MP2:
      $19.65

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3, 3.
      UTG1 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.10, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.4) Q, T, 3 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.35, SB folds, BB raises to $0.70, UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $2.10, BB raises to $19.35, Hero calls $9.00.

Turn: ($30.85) 5 (2 players)

River: ($30.85) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $30.85.
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      It's unlikely for him to have a bigger set.

With the minraise and 4betshove i think he has a flush. If you feel comfortable playing in 65/35 situation call. You need 39% to call so it will be -EV.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      Thank you for your comment, i could not lay down a set sadly..i couldnt do it even though my brain said he most likely has a flush.....

this is my biggest leak.. i cannot put down big hands, i dont know how to change my way of thinking on them :(
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I'm not that happy getting it in on the flop, since your equity won't be great. Once you 3bet and he shoves - I just call it off though since you almost have enough equity vs flush and occasionaly he will show up with A :spade: J type hands, QT (if he's bad), or random stuff.

You can always treat your hand as a draw when he check/raises the flop.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I'm not that happy getting it in on the flop, since your equity won't be great. Once you 3bet and he shoves - I just call it off though since you almost have enough equity vs flush and occasionaly he will show up with A :spade: J type hands, QT (if he's bad), or random stuff.

You can always treat your hand as a draw when he check/raises the flop.
      Sounds fine. The truth is since he's in the big blind, it's a lot more likely for him to have 2 random spades than another strong made hand, since you have no idea whether he's capable of playing the naked As like that. Given that I think calling the flop and calling any turn hoping to boat up might be a bit better than going broke on the flop, especially since I don't think it'll prevent most players at these stakes to pay off a big bet when the board pairs. If you disagree about him rarely playing AsX like that, then your line is fine.

Hope it helps.