$12.95
      MP2:
      $9.85
      MP3:
      $4.00
      CO (Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, K.
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BU calls $0.30, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.75) 8, 8, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, BU calls $0.60.

Turn: ($1.95) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, BU raises to $3.40, Hero raises to $9.10, BU calls $3.25.

River: ($17.7) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $17.7.

I know a conti bet against a calling station is really wrong but i did have a flushdraw so i thought it was ok.

My hand then turns into TPTK + flushdraw, this is very strong so i go all in. This is correct or against a calling station this is wrong?
  • 5 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      It's more often he has 8x there. You need 22% to call and agaisnt 8x you have 20% so it would be a little minus EV.

But there is a chance that he has a boat there so I might fold there.
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      thank you for your comment, what do you mean with boat?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I mean full house.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Flop: This is a really good bet vs anyone. You have a lot of equity and board is semi-hard to hit.

Turn: I would bet/all-in. You would need a good read that he only has 8x, fullhouses in this spot to bet/fold.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

The flop c-bet is fine. The problem with calling stations is the most of the time one bet isn't enough to get them to fold, so the "don't bluff calling stations" only really applies to hands that don't have any equity to fire multiple barrels, which means you can't confidently continue to fire both as a bluff and for value on a lot of cards on later streets. When you have overcards and a flushdraw, you know you can bet any K any Q any club for value and you can also bet other turns as a bluff knowing you can always improve to beat him by the river.

As for the turn play, if he really is a calling station he usually won't get excited enough to raise you with any hand that you beat, so shoving doesn't really accomplish anything. I'd tend to suck it up and take kymupa's advice, tho if you don't really trust your read it's fine to follow johnbeattie85's line and go broke anyway in case he's just randomly spazzing with worse.

Hope it helps.