[NL2-NL10] NL10 rush KK

• antonio47211
      antonio47211
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 ($4)
      MP3 ($10.49)
      CO ($22.65)
      Hero (Button) ($13.08)
      SB ($14.03)
      BB ($14.39)
      UTG ($18.72)
      UTG+1 ($11.16)
      MP1 ($9.32)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, K
      UTG calls $0.10, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.50, 1 fold, BB calls $0.40, UTG calls $0.40, MP3 calls $0.40

Flop: ($2.05) 2, Q, 4 (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.60, BB calls $1.60, 1 fold, MP3 calls $1.60

Turn: ($6.85) 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks

River: ($6.85) 8 (3 players)
      BB bets $6.85, 1 fold, Hero ???

I checked turn going for pot control, and, if I bet, I would be committed. 2 callers on flop made me a bit scared.
      What can he have here? Flat call JT against 3 players? Only hands that come to my mind is 44 / 99 / 88. Also, this is rush poker, I've seen villains donk large after checking on turn.
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I don't really think that BB is going to call with 88 or 99 there with 2 players behind him.

Checking on the turn is not good. I would love to go broke with my OVP on that board. You will get value from some draws and Qx hands.

On that river I think its WA/WB - he can be betting busted FD or a Qx hand, or he can has a set or two pair there (or weird played JT). I think I will call there.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Turn: I think you are misunderstanding the concept of pot control. You control the size of the pot when you have a weak hand that can only get limited value from worse hands. EG - AT might only be able to get two streets of value on a AQx board. You don't pot control with strong hands because you are afraid of getting stacked. On this board you want to bet the turn for value vs draws and Qx. Sometimes villian rivers a flush, or turns 2 pair, and you get owned. But the money won from betting far outweights the times this happens.

River: I'm really not sure since it's rush poker. Would just shrug and call against unknown. Your hand is underepped, and I guess people can value bet worse or donk around.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by kymupa
      I don't really think that BB is going to call with 88 or 99 there with 2 players behind him.

Checking on the turn is not good. I would love to go broke with my OVP on that board. You will get value from some draws and Qx hands.

On that river I think its WA/WB - he can be betting busted FD or a Qx hand, or he can has a set or two pair there (or weird played JT). I think I will call there.
      Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Turn: I think you are misunderstanding the concept of pot control. You control the size of the pot when you have a weak hand that can only get limited value from worse hands. EG - AT might only be able to get two streets of value on a AQx board. You don't pot control with strong hands because you are afraid of getting stacked. On this board you want to bet the turn for value vs draws and Qx. Sometimes villian rivers a flush, or turns 2 pair, and you get owned. But the money won from betting far outweights the times this happens.

River: I'm really not sure since it's rush poker. Would just shrug and call against unknown. Your hand is underepped, and I guess people can value bet worse or donk around.
      I wouldn't put too much weight into the 99/88 discounting, a lot of people out there are still on the "dry board, lets call one bet" level with those hands and don't particularly care that it's 3-way or anything.

Agree on the rest mostly. I'd usually look up how many tables BB is playing and use that to decide what he's likely to have coldcalled my preflop raise out of position. If he seems to be a reg I'll give him a pocket pair and a very small bluffing range on the river, resulting in a fold. If he just seems to be some fish, I think it's a lot more likely he has random busted draws or even Qx in that spot that he's betting because everybody checked the turn, so I'd be calling.

Hope it helps.