This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

JJ reraised preflop 3bet flop

• SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      iam on BB with deep stack 5$(2nl) so i have JJ, a lag player with 11$ raises in SB first in.-> i reraise so i know from 2 previous hands his range is very loose: reraised with TQ because he was raisng a lot so i stole from him he folded, next time i caled with 88 he contbet the flop QK3 raged board so i called he showed 45o.
      so i to the hand i have JJ he raises to 8(1/2cent) i reraise to 30 he calls.
      flop 225 no flush draw.pot60.
      he checks i bet 30, he raises to 60 so i reraise to 1.3$ now , he calls check turn and river. he shows 65s.
      so my question: i knew he is a player who might take a stand and check with anything, thats why i reraised i were afraid of a set or a trips maybe calling is better?
      and is it possible to value bet the river with my hand against his range?
  • 1 reply
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      preflop - nice big raise
      flop - it's all good
      turn - you could check for pot control, make your hand look week, he doesnt have many outs most times but i would prefer betting 1/2 pot as he is likely to have an overpair that you have beat
      river - with no overcards hitting, just bet or shove it all in if you dont have much left...otherwise you could check in case he slowplays
      if he bets you should call