Burned out

• alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      I think I'll be taking a few days off tourneys. SCOOP has burned me out. Reached the money 4 times, but only have a bit less then $300 in winnings for all those 7, 8 hour sessions. I'm worn down physically and mentally, though luckily I don't think I'm on tilt, despite having two horrible eliminations in the two I played today. AA vs. AQ with AQ hitting three of a kind Q's on flop and turn, and then flopped trips only to get beat by a low flush river fish. I think I'll dedicate myself to studying a bit and getting some pending assignments down, ie learn to use graph software, etc.
  • 3 replies
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      it's always good when you win, even if it's small so save the sad face for when you're losing.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      standard stuff for MTTs, they are really hard to profit constantly without putting a ton of hours / being insanely good / being a luckbox ... also they burn you out really quick. I'm only playing them on those big series because the first price is way too good to not give it a shot.
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Yeah the first prizes are too big not to take these seriously. One of these would really be the time for all that luck you don't have the rest of the year to come together.