[NL2-NL10] AQ NL5Rush 2 Pair Cooler? Good shove?

• overson
      overson
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $4.46
      CO:
      $1.75
      BU:
      $4.71
      SB:
      $5.29
      BB:
      $4.70
      MP2 (Hero):
      $8.47

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, SB raises to $0.35, BB folds, Hero calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.75) Q, K, 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75.

Turn: ($2.25) A (2 players)
      SB bets $2.25, Hero raises to $7.37, SB calls $1.94.

River: ($13.81) 4 (2 players)

Final Pot: $13.81.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and queens(As Qc).
      SB shows a straight, ace high(Jd Td).

SB wins with a straight, ace high(Jd Td).
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well, the usual "tough spot" without reads. Your hand is worthless if he's tight because there is no way he min3bets and then pots two streets on that board with a hand that AQ beats, and yet your hand is the nuts if he's a random maniac capable of anything.

The truth is if you plan on playing rush poker you need to get used to the idea that you'll never know what the best line against somebody, you'll just have to decide whether you ever want to fold two pairs against an unknown and stick with that until experience tells you whether it's profitable or not.

Personally I don't like the "well you called preflop and now you have two pairs, what else do you want" arguments, so I usually go ahead and dump the turn against a min3bet/pot/pot line from an unknown, I don't think it's worth committing another 90bb that we'll need to play another thousand hands to make up for when we surprisingly get it in drawing dead against AK/QQ+.

Hope it helps.