$2,12
      BB:
      $1,98
      Hero:
      $2,52
      BU:
      $1,40

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5:club: , 5:heart:
      4 folds, Hero calls $0,02, BU calls $0,02, SB calls $0,01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,08) 9:spade: , 5:diamond: , 8:club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, BU bets $0,09, SB folds, BB calls $0,09, Hero raises to $0,20, BU calls $0,11, BB folds.

Turn: ($0,57) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,24, BU raises to $0,48, Hero raises to $2,30 (All-In), BU calls $0,70 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back.

River: ($2,93) K:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $2,93
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I like more bet/bet/bet for value.

If you decide to play c/r on that connected board you should make it around 30.
      Bet bigger on the turn. The J is not the best card for you and you want to get the money in as soon as possible.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by kymupa
      I like more bet/bet/bet for value.

If you decide to play c/r on that connected board you should make it around 30.
      Bet bigger on the turn. The J is not the best card for you and you want to get the money in as soon as possible.
      Agreed, I like bet/bet/bet more too unless you're pretty sure BU will just fire at it with anything when checked to. It's just very bad for our hand if it gets checked through, it might kill our action from draws and it might kill our hand if anybody with some draw gets there.

I don't think the J is bad for us, actually i'm quite happy to see it most of the time, just because it gives people a lot of combo hands than they usually like to go nuts with. So true sometimes he'll have QT or T7 and it'll be ugly, but you'll enough pair+draw stack off there to offset that.

Hope it helps.