SnG Books

• Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I'm currently playing $0,25 45man sng's.. with almost 600 sng's played i'm thinking it's time to read some poker books :D

So any recommendations? they don't have to be specifically about sng's. For example poker psychologie books would be nice too.

So books for:
      Regular sng's
      DoN's if there are any worth reading atleast, which i doubt.
      MT sng's
      Psychologie
  • 9 replies
    • Xidjo
      Xidjo
      Bronze
      Start by reading all SNG articles you can find in this site first place. Read them. Ten times. Read them so hard that you can be waken up in middle of night and asked SNG quiz with 20 questions and you'd answer all them correctly. Post hands on hand evualtion forum and learn hard where you made mistakes. Play more 600 SNG's, read more basics ten times and eventually you'll notice that there's nothing more than basics. Myabe little psyhologie book would be helpful, though I doubt it.

It's about playing and relising what you did wrong. Peace.

Xidjo
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      the poker mindset
      kill everyone :)
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      any more recommendations?

There are like 6 bronze sng articles, I've even read the silver ones and they didn't help me much more. I mean pokerstrategy is great, but i don't think they make all the poker books out there not worth reading.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      well first of all you should spend a lot of time on visiting coachings, watching videos and posting/evaluating hands. i guess this should improve your game more than most books :)

other books which might be helpful (despite the two i mentioned above - which are must reads imo):
      harrington on hold'em 1-3 (very, very good and quite helpful especially for the early stages in a sng)
      theory of poker
      sng strategy by collin moshman (i have to admit that i didn read it myself but especially for beginners it should be quite good)

i can recommend kill phil btw.
    • Rhymenoceros
      Rhymenoceros
      Bronze
      COLIN MOSHMAN SNG STRATEGY !!!! MUST BUY!!!!
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      There is only 1 sng coaching every week for bronze sadly =| I'm posting quite alot of hands though.

I was expecting an alot longer list of books :D So i won't have to spend to much money on books now :)
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      There is only 1 sng coaching every week for bronze sadly =| I'm posting quite alot of hands though.

I was expecting an alot longer list of books :D So i won't have to spend to much money on books now :)
      Honestly, You won''t get nearly as much value out of books as you will through the videos untill you are at
      least passed all the silver content and have every silver article and bronze article internalized like mentioned
      before. Moshmans book is the next step I would recommend but it has alot of the same stuff as the bronze
      and silver articles do in it but with more xamples and some added concepts.

If you can not get tracked and can not hit silver then I recommend Moshmans book first.

If you can get tracked and your not silver because you are only on the 0.25s there are a ton of awsome
      videos in the bronze section that really help you out and are still usable even when you are playing 5 or 6
      dollar buy ins.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 8979687
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz

Honestly, You won''t get nearly as much value out of books as you will through the videos untill you are at
      least passed all the silver content and have every silver article and bronze article internalized like mentioned
      before. Moshmans book is the next step I would recommend but it has alot of the same stuff as the bronze
      and silver articles do in it but with more xamples and some added concepts.

If you can not get tracked and can not hit silver then I recommend Moshmans book first.

If you can get tracked and your not silver because you are only on the 0.25s there are a ton of awsome
      videos in the bronze section that really help you out and are still usable even when you are playing 5 or 6
      dollar buy ins.

there are only 30 sng videos for bronze.. and none of them are multitable or DoN. in fact there are only 2 DoN vids and they are silver.. So vids are near useless for me as i don't play single table sng's yet atleast..

I can only really keep posting hands and practice ICM. I do visit the 1 sng coaching every week though. And sng bronze articles are pretty basic, i haven't read the newest one though. But in total there are still only 7 =|
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I really don't understand why nobody has thought of making regular recordings of the coaching sessions. the timezone diff for me along with life commitments mean I never have the time to watch them.