This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 78s 3bet pot

• hov100
      hov100
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $16.73
      CO:
      $13.83
      BU:
      $10.15
      SB (Hero):
      $10.20
      BB:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, 8.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.40, BU folds, Hero raises to $1.30, BB folds, CO calls $0.90.

Flop: ($2.7) T, T, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.10, CO calls $2.10.

Turn: ($6.9) 4 (2 players)
      Hero raises to $6.80,

Co is 14/12/2 on 400 hands, fold to flop cbet - 14%
      Is this the right play on the turn? Do i still have enough equity to go all in?
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      You can 3bet this occasionally, but I wouldn't bother in general. There's really no need to defend aggressively vs nits since they are not stealing much.

Flop: I really like your bet size here to set up turn shove.

Turn: Your equity vs calling range is is probably around 28-30%. You need 33% to go all in. CO needs to fold a very small percentage of the time for shoving to be profitable, so just go for it. Tho obv you are going to loose to overpairs quite a lot.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      You can 3bet this occasionally, but I wouldn't bother in general. There's really no need to defend aggressively vs nits since they are not stealing much.

Flop: I really like your bet size here to set up turn shove.

Turn: Your equity vs calling range is is probably around 28-30%. You need 33% to go all in. CO needs to fold a very small percentage of the time for shoving to be profitable, so just go for it. Tho obv you are going to loose to overpairs quite a lot.
      Here is what it boils down to: CO is so tight that when you get into a pot with him postflop, more often than not he'll have a hand that he's not ready to fold. This is evidenced somewhat by his fold to c-bet%.

That means two things:

1/ your 3-bets need to be close to profitable with preflop alone, meaning even if you 3bet and check/fold the flop when you have air you still turn a profit from him just folding preflop often.

2/ when you do decide to c-bet a flop, you need enough equity to commit to a turn shove, since he won't straight up fold on the flop often enough to make c-betting the flop alone profitable and you actually need to threaten the whole stack to get a fold out of him.

Given that I agree with what john said.

Hope it helps.