$13.83
      BU:
      $10.15
      SB (Hero):
      $10.20
      BB:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, 8.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.40, BU folds, Hero raises to $1.30, BB folds, CO calls $0.90.

Flop: ($2.7) T, T, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.10, CO calls $2.10.

Turn: ($6.9) 4 (2 players)
      Hero raises to $6.80,

Co is 14/12/2 on 400 hands, fold to flop cbet - 14%
      Is this the right play on the turn? Do i still have enough equity to go all in?
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      You can 3bet this occasionally, but I wouldn't bother in general. There's really no need to defend aggressively vs nits since they are not stealing much.

Flop: I really like your bet size here to set up turn shove.

Turn: Your equity vs calling range is is probably around 28-30%. You need 33% to go all in. CO needs to fold a very small percentage of the time for shoving to be profitable, so just go for it. Tho obv you are going to loose to overpairs quite a lot.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      You can 3bet this occasionally, but I wouldn't bother in general. There's really no need to defend aggressively vs nits since they are not stealing much.

Flop: I really like your bet size here to set up turn shove.

Turn: Your equity vs calling range is is probably around 28-30%. You need 33% to go all in. CO needs to fold a very small percentage of the time for shoving to be profitable, so just go for it. Tho obv you are going to loose to overpairs quite a lot.
      Here is what it boils down to: CO is so tight that when you get into a pot with him postflop, more often than not he'll have a hand that he's not ready to fold. This is evidenced somewhat by his fold to c-bet%.

That means two things:

1/ your 3-bets need to be close to profitable with preflop alone, meaning even if you 3bet and check/fold the flop when you have air you still turn a profit from him just folding preflop often.

2/ when you do decide to c-bet a flop, you need enough equity to commit to a turn shove, since he won't straight up fold on the flop often enough to make c-betting the flop alone profitable and you actually need to threaten the whole stack to get a fold out of him.

Given that I agree with what john said.

Hope it helps.