Can't be defeated

• mustafov
      mustafov
      Bronze
      Hi guys,
      I just wanted to share my today's poker experience in bet365. I mean last week I was playing as usual .. but I had no luck in the important moments and instead of going up I was loosing bit by bit... Anyway, today before I start playing I recalled my last bad beat and the playing style of the player I got it from. He was very loose, I quote him "I play with all kinds of hands, just to see the flop" and he usually used to make strong hands out of nothing. So, today I decided to play loose aggressive and guess what happened!? I was killing! I just couldn't lose! I played with all kinds of crap and just couldn't lose! I played with all hands and I had hit the flop 3/4 of the times! And if it's a weak pair, it becomes 3 of a kind on the turn or straight on the river.. Almost every freakin time. And now as I'm writing this I hit 2-pair 2 times in a row with 85 and 64 and that's maybe normal but you .. wait I hit another one! no, it's 8888 this time and its not the first one. Man, I'm telling you I make monster hands one after another . And If I hit small pair on the flop and someone raises me with an A on the flop It's fine, I just hit 3 of a kind on the turn or I make a straight on the river around 4/5 of the times. I pissed of a lot of people today. And I can't be that lucky.. I'm not saying the software is rigged or anything but there is definitely some interaction with the playing style and btw now I got A10 and guess what comes on the flop. The more aggressive you play the more lucky you get obv. You just don't know how many monsters I made on the river. I felt designed to win. Oh, wait I was just going to click "Post new threat" and I got A4 and 44A comes on the flop. And then 5 on the turn and 3 on the river! What's with that? Why do we have extraordinary luck when we play aggressive?

• 17 replies
    • mustafov
      mustafov
      Bronze
      P.S. I wanted to post more hands from today but I don't have hand converter for bet365 and I figured it would be annoying to paste screen shots from the hand history of the software. Anyway, If you ask I can post :)
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Well done bro.

I hope that your win streak will never end.

But listen....if all players on the table play aggressive like you...its difficult to think that all are going to be lucky..:) )

be careful and dont play with luck.
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      you play more hands and generate more rake so the poker room lets you hit more hands as a token of gratitude, simple as that!
    • DJMazzz
      DJMazzz
      Bronze
      SO you're acctually saying you call raises on the flop with a hand you know is behind?

Good luck in future, I don't see how this can last long.
    • eteris
      eteris
      Bronze
      it happens all the time, you have T6 and flop comes TT4 and you think to yourself "why did I fold this hand" and then you see that other guy has 44. so ye... keep doing it.
    • mustafov
      mustafov
      Bronze
      @Alan - You're right. The table I played first was very very tight. I used to openly 3 bet 4-5 times in a row from any position and every just folds but later on there were those two guys who punished me badly.

@Skyscrapers - It may has something to do with it. My total amount of bets at that table was $270 which is pretty much for my standards of playing.
      Also I was playing just one table, then I took a break and came back to 4 tabling.. but I didn't have the same luck.. just on one table.. and then I realized it's the same table I made the rake at.

@DJMazzz - Yes. Keeping in mind the current 'luck' I was having I had a good excuse to call that raises. I don't usually play like that. It was just for the moment while I was getting the good cards.

EDIT: The actual rake from both sessions was $420
    • mustafov
      mustafov
      Bronze
      Here are the stats of the table

• Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      make paragraphs, i'm not reading that big wall of text T_T
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      make paragraphs, i'm not reading that big wall of text T_T
      tl;dr

He's going in with any 2 cards, hitting every sort of stuff and pwning hard.
    • Grailer
      Grailer
      Global
      Fate is helping you to win , but Fate has no friends thus in the end you will probably lose.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      What ever happened to poker been a game of maths? There becomes a point where if your VP$IP crosses it will become technically impossible to turn a profit. Back to poker school for you.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by eteris
      it happens all the time, you have T6 and flop comes TT4 and you think to yourself "why did I fold this hand" and then you see that other guy has 44. so ye... keep doing it.
      But how many times do you fold and then not flop the winner? nuff said...
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      well i feel your amazing luck, me my self was running quite good on SNG

1st 100 SNG
      > 70% ITM
      > 70% ROI

My Graph was FANTASTIC!!! I couldnt believe by playing loose aggresive i made more money than ever in short time.

Now, for the past 2 weeks i been losing...and my BR back to normal LoL...

I guess it's only temporary I'll be having AMAZING LUCK. Now i'm shitting here n there losing to bad beat!
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      Absolutely luck, that will change.

I'm consistently a poor player (I know I know.. I work and work and work.. maybe I'm just not cut out for poker).

I deposited $50 to Aced.com, with poor BR management I was up to $1/$2 NL within hours. In a month, I turned my $50 into 3 cashouts of $1500, $1800 and $700.. then in a matter of days blew off $1200 and that was the end of that! Just can't seem to hit my stride anymore, been down playing at the micro stakes and I just can't seem to make it work.

I have reviewed my month of amazing winnings and my numbers match my current playing style almost down to the digit - pretty sickening.

From what I see, every new player that has any idea what their doing at Aced.com gets AMAZING luck. I mean mis playing and waiting for draws to hit everytime - AND HITTING THEM, all that sort of crap. Its pretty amazing to see, got to the point where I look to see if the person has any VIP stars on their name, if they do, I'm, more apt to play, if not, I'm very cautious.

And with that ramble, I am here to say... NOTHING.. haha. Poker is a serious game of luck, if your good, you know how to neutralize the luck and benefit in the long run. If your like me and have nothing but bad luck in everyday life as well.. well, you might not be cut out for it in the long run.

Tonight I start playing SnG's ONLY. Been reading articles for days, and I think its time to minimize my losses (buy in $ only instead of stacks apon stacks).

Maybe I will start a blog (would be a serious beginners blog, maybe it will help a lot of us learn.. hmmm).

Jeff
    • mustafov
      mustafov
      Bronze
      @Justin, same here.

Today, I kept playing the same way and lost 2BI in 20 minutes.

I guess I should start playing as tight as before now.

@Jeff, If you cashed out ~4000k out of 50 bucks as you say, you are certainly cut out for poker.

Challenge yourself, see how far you can go!?
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      @musta...

I guess you skipped the middle part of my essay :)

haha, unfortunately it was a serious luck run on Aced, which I've deemed to be pretty standard for a lot of people there.

My game hasn't changed and I'm now donking off small stacks to the fishes, attempting to follow the articles to the T.. although I'm sure I'm missing some points... alas, I continue to work on my game and try to find leaks.

As stated, I'm moving to SnG's to limit my losses and see what I can do there. I'd like to eventually do well at MTT where you can make some big money for a small buy in (in comparison!). But I never seem to make it past the 3-4hr mark.. which in a HUGE tourney doesnt get you far or in the money.

Jeff
    • corsc
      corsc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by eteris
      Please be careful with this kind of thinking. Check your stats in Elephant or Poker Tracker or similar. When the hand count gets high enough you will see the win rates for all hole cards approaching the expected values.

My theory is the brain is hardwired to remember pain more than pleasure, this is why we remember the bad beats, suck outs and folded winning hands as opposed to remembering all the times that the action we took was the correct one.