PokerStars

• Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      What do you think about PokerStars? Since when do you have an account there? What kind of limits do you play normally? What do you think about the software/support/etc.? What do you think about your opponents? Feel free to discuss! :)

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
  • 50 replies
    • Ohmu
      Ohmu
      Bronze
      Well.. I do have an account there.. from January I think... It was when I deposited my own money.. and went broke, so can't really describe the opponents, but the software is definetly better than PartyPokers.

I still have the client installed, but as there aren't many freerolls there, I have little hope (if any) to actually build up my BR there again without depositing.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      ps account since ~aug 06
      played 0,25/0,50, 1/2, 2/4 fl and nl100 sss. now i play 2/4 at other sites

software is definately the best available. never wrote to the support so i have no idea if the support is good :P

opponents are horrible.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      best at everything
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I have it even longer than I have my PS.com account here. (Only a few days because I didn't want to give my peronal data to an ugly grey site called PokerStrategy. ^^ Maybe someone remember how ugly it was. ^^)

The support may be better but not much... but only because they didn't gave me a breload bonus. :D

I like the software not as much as I like the PP software. PP is faster and easier to overview.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      My first pokerroom:) Deposited 50$ and after getting extra 25$ after playing one year I now have 82$:. I´ve played there a lot of hands, so my BB/100 hands should be smt like 0,001:D . I´ve ordered there stress ball, basketball cap and t-shirt:P , opponents are great and lucky. Right now I´m playing there NL 10 BSS, if I have time, because most of the time goes to Partypoker. Soft is great and support is also fine.
    • Qastorimon
      Qastorimon
      Bronze
      The place where I started playing poker six months ago. Haven't played there lately because I had to gather strategypoints on Party :) Still think it's the best site around, And the competition at the lower limits isn't half as tough as some people seem to think.
      Definitely my favorite room.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I like the site and software, don't know anything about support.

Is there any chance players can get their starting $50 at Pokestars anytime soon?
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      It is also where i first played NL hold'em and online poker in general , like 2-3 years ago. Too bad i sucked bad back then and i lost my money and faith in poker...boohoo.
      A pity that the offer doesnt include players who already have accounts there.
      Since its the most popular poker site , there are probably a lot of PS members who already have real money accounts on pokerstars.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Yoghi
      I like the site and software, don't know anything about support.

Is there any chance players can get their starting $50 at Pokestars anytime soon?
      Yes. We hope that it will be possible within the next month. We will let you know in the news.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Qastorimon
      Qastorimon
      Bronze

If you already have an account on PokerStars which has not been created with the PokerStrategy Bonus Code "PSVIP" you are not able to collect StrategyPoints while playing on PokerStars.
      Is this permanent, or is there a chance that it will be possible in future?
      I just cleared my bonus on Party and I would really like to play on Pokerstars again, but if I can't collect strategypoints it's gonna be Titan instead.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Yeah too bad, that I can´t earn SP there. But to me there is always FullTilt poker and 600$ deposit bonus:P . Just need to learn a little more, before I´m going to chase that bonus.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Qastorimon

If you already have an account on PokerStars which has not been created with the PokerStrategy Bonus Code "PSVIP" you are not able to collect StrategyPoints while playing on PokerStars.
      Is this permanent, or is there a chance that it will be possible in future?
      I just cleared my bonus on Party and I would really like to play on Pokerstars again, but if I can't collect strategypoints it's gonna be Titan instead.
      I'm sorry, but as far as I know it will be permanent.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      hm how should i express it ? ah yea: that sucks ^^
      i know there is nothing ps (in this case ps=pokerstrategy ;) ) could do about it but it really sucks that everybody, who asked what he should do when he couldn´t join the beginners tables at pp anymore, was told to join ps (ps=pokerstars :D ) until he has the bankroll to play 0,5/1 on the regular tables. "there won´t be any consequences for you and your account." yeah right, i see :(
      hm i think i will stay gold forever :(

//edit:
      err why has my bonus-post been edited ?
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      I have a playmoney account at pokerstars (not .net, just haven't deposited) and tried the new account procedure (with another... well, actually with the same e-mail address, but with a different domain so a dumb computer program shouldn't know that) but it knew that I already had an account. Any suggestions?
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      @ frzl: because PokerStrategy members should use our "PSVIP" bonus code.

@ howard182: If you only had a playmoney account you should be able to create a new account with a new email adress. If that's not the case please contact the support of PokerStars and explain your problem to them.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Puschkin81
      mh of course but i didn´t post a sign up bonus. it was a reload bonus :)
      never mind.

btw: i would like to use the PSVIP code but i can´t ;(
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      Originally posted by Puschkin81
      mh of course but i didn´t post a sign up bonus. it was a reload bonus :)
      never mind.
      I know. But it might have been too confusing. Sorry.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • howard182
      howard182
      Bronze
      Since the program refused (yes, after uninstalling and reinstalling), I think it's hardly going to be stars policy to help me with this. Maybe if I had a .net account, but I don't. I was just hoping you had some secret knowledge of the precise conditions.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Sorry. I don't have any secret knowledge ;) Please contact the PokerStars support. Maybe they can help you. Asking doesn't cost anything. Hence it is +EV :)

Good luck!
      Puschkin81