• Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

€0.25/€0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A.
      MP3 posts deadblind, UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls €0.50, 2 folds, MP3 checks, CO calls €0.50, BU folds, SB calls €0.25, Hero raises to €3.50, UTG2 calls €3.00, 2 folds, SB calls €3.00.

Flop: (€11.5) Q, A, 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets €7.00, UTG2 calls €7.00, SB folds.

Turn: (€25.5) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets €12.75, UTG2 raises to €31.14(All-In), Hero calls €18.39.

River: (€87.78) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: €87.78.

No info in the player.

This time (see my other thread with a 3rd s card) I decided to bet on the turn, having no info on the player, I didnt think he would call a 3 bet with KJ, KT or below - am I right?

Ok to call the raise on the turn?

Thanks,

Max
  • 5 replies
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Thinking about this hand a bit more I think I should have bet/fold (1/2 the pot as I did) rather than bet/shove.

Even if I still think that I shouldn't be afraid of a flush, what am I beating?
      AK unlikely because he limped preflop,
      A2 plausible
      A9 plausible

And thats pretty much it! He probably has a set here which would be classic set value call preflop and slowplay on the flop seeing that I bet I am showing hand protection so he can call not being afraid of a flush.

What you think?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think b/c turn is fine, you get too good odds to b/f
      another option would be c/rai turn or c/c
      You can also consider c/f turn if you have some reads to him
      Just strange situation with good hand and unless you know player tendencies you can consider folding your hand, since he won´t bet turn too many worse hands than yours
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      You say b/c is fine. What is the difference with my other post with my 2 pairs and the 3rd s card on the turn where you say that you didn't like my bet/call on the turn?

I'm a bit confused to how to play with TPTK or 2 pairs when there is the 3rd s card on the turn.
      If I check/f everytime then people might bluff me by betting on the turn. I don't really like check/rai since I might just be running against a flush (maybe you can clarify this point to me). If I bet on the turn and get raised I'm nearly commited since I raised preflop, bet flop and bet on the turn.

Thanks for your help
      Max
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Just to tick the "Advise the judge of taking another look at this thread" box
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      You say b/c is fine. What is the difference with my other post with my 2 pairs and the 3rd s card on the turn where you say that you didn't like my bet/call on the turn?

I'm a bit confused to how to play with TPTK or 2 pairs when there is the 3rd s card on the turn.
      If I check/f everytime then people might bluff me by betting on the turn. I don't really like check/rai since I might just be running against a flush (maybe you can clarify this point to me). If I bet on the turn and get raised I'm nearly commited since I raised preflop, bet flop and bet on the turn.

Thanks for your help
      Max
      my first line didn´t make a lot of sense,
      wanted to say b7c is fine, since I think he can shove turn worse hands, like pair+draws
      as I said before if you´re sure they would not bluff river c/c turn and c/f river
      I would c/rai turn especially with two pair or top pair and flushdraw, since I think they would b/c there with worse hands
      You can get away your hand if you want, just to me I´m not really like to fold top pair hands against fishes where there is reasonable chance they are betting/bluffing with worse hands