This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] again 3rd s card on the turn

• Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

€0.25/€0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A.
      MP3 posts deadblind, UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls €0.50, 2 folds, MP3 checks, CO calls €0.50, BU folds, SB calls €0.25, Hero raises to €3.50, UTG2 calls €3.00, 2 folds, SB calls €3.00.

Flop: (€11.5) Q, A, 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets €7.00, UTG2 calls €7.00, SB folds.

Turn: (€25.5) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets €12.75, UTG2 raises to €31.14(All-In), Hero calls €18.39.

River: (€87.78) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: €87.78.

No info in the player.

This time (see my other thread with a 3rd s card) I decided to bet on the turn, having no info on the player, I didnt think he would call a 3 bet with KJ, KT or below - am I right?

Ok to call the raise on the turn?

Thanks,

Max
  • 5 replies
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Thinking about this hand a bit more I think I should have bet/fold (1/2 the pot as I did) rather than bet/shove.

Even if I still think that I shouldn't be afraid of a flush, what am I beating?
      AK unlikely because he limped preflop,
      A2 plausible
      A9 plausible

And thats pretty much it! He probably has a set here which would be classic set value call preflop and slowplay on the flop seeing that I bet I am showing hand protection so he can call not being afraid of a flush.

What you think?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think b/c turn is fine, you get too good odds to b/f
      another option would be c/rai turn or c/c
      You can also consider c/f turn if you have some reads to him
      Just strange situation with good hand and unless you know player tendencies you can consider folding your hand, since he won´t bet turn too many worse hands than yours
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      You say b/c is fine. What is the difference with my other post with my 2 pairs and the 3rd s card on the turn where you say that you didn't like my bet/call on the turn?

I'm a bit confused to how to play with TPTK or 2 pairs when there is the 3rd s card on the turn.
      If I check/f everytime then people might bluff me by betting on the turn. I don't really like check/rai since I might just be running against a flush (maybe you can clarify this point to me). If I bet on the turn and get raised I'm nearly commited since I raised preflop, bet flop and bet on the turn.

Thanks for your help
      Max
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Just to tick the "Advise the judge of taking another look at this thread" box
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      You say b/c is fine. What is the difference with my other post with my 2 pairs and the 3rd s card on the turn where you say that you didn't like my bet/call on the turn?

I'm a bit confused to how to play with TPTK or 2 pairs when there is the 3rd s card on the turn.
      If I check/f everytime then people might bluff me by betting on the turn. I don't really like check/rai since I might just be running against a flush (maybe you can clarify this point to me). If I bet on the turn and get raised I'm nearly commited since I raised preflop, bet flop and bet on the turn.

Thanks for your help
      Max
      my first line didn´t make a lot of sense,
      wanted to say b7c is fine, since I think he can shove turn worse hands, like pair+draws
      as I said before if you´re sure they would not bluff river c/c turn and c/f river
      I would c/rai turn especially with two pair or top pair and flushdraw, since I think they would b/c there with worse hands
      You can get away your hand if you want, just to me I´m not really like to fold top pair hands against fishes where there is reasonable chance they are betting/bluffing with worse hands