$6.10
      MP3:
      $10.93
      CO:
      $2.09
      BU:
      $11.99

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 9.
      MP2 raises to $0.15, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.32) K, 5, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, MP2 raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.12) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10.

River: ($6.32) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2.95, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.32.
  • 3 replies
    • overson
      overson
      Bronze
      I would like to thank the hand judge for the help. I am beginning to play tighter and respecting raises and it seems to be working very well.

In this hand if I analyze it now, it would be good to fold K9 preflop even in the bb.
      On the flop my donk/call is ok to protect my hand and for likely good equity, but a re-raise may have been good too since it would charge him for his draw.

On the turn, since the flush hit I think I can fold. That pot bet is strong and I think it's unlikely he has just a draw or air. The reason I even called here was because of the possibility of a checked river or boat outs, but the strength of the bet made a cheap showdown unlikely.
    • antonio47211
      antonio47211
      Bronze
      Villain raised from MP2 pf, so should be strong. Only possible combinations of flush on turn is AdQd, since Kd is on board. Also, I guess he will very rarely reraise on such flop with flush draw, so I think you're against Kx (AK probably), or some pocket pair, which may or may not have a diamond. In this case I would decide on turn if I want to go broke here and either ship or fold. You have 10 outs to FH or quads, plus 9 for flush. Personally I would reraise allin on turn - its NL5 after all, and he could play 88 - QQ in almost same way.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Just fold preflop, K9o plays horribly out of position and you'll just get into way more trouble than it's worth, for sure. We also have no read on villain except that nothing suggests he's a bad player so far.

On the flop I would check/call. If villain has nothing he will bet it on that board so we value from whiffed AQ that way. If he has a pair he's not going to pay off for 3 streets anyway on that board so it's not like we lose value if he decides to check behind the flop, we can still bet from the turn onward.

As played when he raises the flop that's when we regret calling with K9o preflop, because we're beat by every Kx hands most people show up with and since we're readless in rush we have no idea whether he's even capable of raising with diamonds or even AA there. So we're calling because we have trips and if we 3-bet most people will fold everything worse than that, but we're not thrilled about it.

On the turn I would just fold when he pots it. He might have the flush he might still have a better Kx, we have no idea if our "outs" to a full house are clean or if it'll only result in us splitting the flop. It's sad if he's bad enough to play AA that strongly without realizing he's just bluffing with it at that point, but I don't think it's worth finding out.

Hope it helps.