This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KQs limped in utg

• mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $0.99
      CO:
      $1.54
      BU:
      $5.19
      SB:
      $11.43
      BB:
      $1.01
      UTG:
      $7.18
      UTG1 (Hero):
      $2.43
      UTG2:
      $1.56
      MP1:
      $2.28
      MP2:
      $2.95

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with K, Q.
      UTG calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BU calls $0.02, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.17) J, 2, A (8 players)
      BB checks, UTG bets $0.76, Hero raises to $2.41(All-In), UTG2 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.97(All-In), CO folds, BU folds, BB folds, UTG calls $1.65.

Turn: ($5.96) 7 (3 players)

River: ($5.96) 2 (3 players)

Final Pot: $5.96.
      Ok.. i normally don't do this,but on this particular tabled was a low risk of being raised so i took a shoot...a bad one..
      on the flop i had the nutflushdraw and the nutstraight draw...is it ok to get it all in in this situation...i dont know the %
      What do you think?
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Don't limp with KQ from that position. In a limped pot I think you don't have the edge to know when to fold your TP.

You need 45% to call and you have them. Most often you have to call the rest on the turn so I like your push.

If you want to avoid this situations just fold preflop.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd just raise preflop, KQs is a good hand that can flop a lot of decent stuff to play with initiative against bad players and good players alike.

As played on the flop you have nutted outs against everything you're never a huge dog, it's a clear shove with any kind of fold equity. It's actually doubtful you have any when UTG 4x-overbet it in that spot, but you never know with those nl2 fish, so when in doubt I'd just go broke too. We make a ton of money if he's just randomly monkeying around without Ax+ or ends up overbet/folding.

Hope it helps.