This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 - AK trips on flush completed turn

• woopstash
      woopstash
      Bronze
      Villain : 25/13/11.0 over 65 hands

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $22.84
      MP2:
      $26.25
      MP3:
      $27.15
      CO:
      $21.38
      BU:
      $27.78
      SB:
      $3.88
      BB:
      $27.60
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $25.50

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K, A.
      Hero raises to $1.00, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1.00, 3 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.25) 4, 8, A (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, MP2 calls $2.50, SB folds.

Turn: ($8.25) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $8.25, Hero calls $8.25.

River: ($24.75) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $24.75.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, aces(Ks Ac).
      MP2 shows three of a kind, aces(As 3s).

Hero wins with three of a kind, aces(Ks Ac).

Is it ridiculous to check the turn when the flush comes in here? I'm continuously in spots like this where I'm sure they're drawing to a flush and when it comes in a freeze and don't feel comfortable. He's not horribly loose but loose enough where there are a lot of suited cards in his cold calling range. 65 hands could be misleading though.
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think calldown is ok, but I would bet myself for value on the flop or at least c/ flop for value
      Just if you start c/c, you never can be sure where you´re at with your hand
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Sorry Kaitz, I didn't understand exactly what you suggested here. You mean you like a cb on the flop and ch/C the T?

Once we ch/C his pot-size bet on the T we still have to ch/f the River on a 7 or a :heart: I think, right? Even though we have less than pot left.
    • woopstash
      woopstash
      Bronze
      Kaitz,

I did actually bet the flop for value. Basically what I'm wondering is this: What is the standard line on the turn when the flush comes in and I have a strong hand like trips, top kicker?

Bet/folding seems pretty weak, and bet/shoving could possibly be a bit of an overplay.
      Do I check/call turn and jam any non heart, non 7/T river?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Sorry Kaitz, I didn't understand exactly what you suggested here. You mean you like a cb on the flop and ch/C the T?

Once we ch/C his pot-size bet on the T we still have to ch/f the River on a 7 or a :heart: I think, right? Even though we have less than pot left.
      my bad, I misread the hand
      Thought hero was somehow c/c flop
      I think c/c turn is fine. you can get sometimes free showdown. Sucks to b/f there with that kind of equity and if you think he is bluffing you can c/c river
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by woopstash
      Kaitz,

I did actually bet the flop for value. Basically what I'm wondering is this: What is the standard line on the turn when the flush comes in and I have a strong hand like trips, top kicker?

Bet/folding seems pretty weak, and bet/shoving could possibly be a bit of an overplay.
      Do I check/call turn and jam any non heart, non 7/T river?
      yeah, realized now you bet on the flop :)
      I like c/c turn and checking river
      If you shove river only flush/boats would call you, maybe sometimes Ax
      but Ax might shove himself there, so I think you can´t fold your hand but at the same time you likely doesn´t have too much value by shoving yourself