$27.78
      SB:
      $3.88
      BB:
      $27.60
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $25.50

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K, A.
      Hero raises to $1.00, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1.00, 3 folds, SB calls $0.90, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.25) 4, 8, A (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, MP2 calls $2.50, SB folds.

Turn: ($8.25) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $8.25, Hero calls $8.25.

River: ($24.75) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $24.75.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, aces(Ks Ac).
      MP2 shows three of a kind, aces(As 3s).

Hero wins with three of a kind, aces(Ks Ac).

Is it ridiculous to check the turn when the flush comes in here? I'm continuously in spots like this where I'm sure they're drawing to a flush and when it comes in a freeze and don't feel comfortable. He's not horribly loose but loose enough where there are a lot of suited cards in his cold calling range. 65 hands could be misleading though.
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think calldown is ok, but I would bet myself for value on the flop or at least c/ flop for value
      Just if you start c/c, you never can be sure where you´re at with your hand
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Sorry Kaitz, I didn't understand exactly what you suggested here. You mean you like a cb on the flop and ch/C the T?

Once we ch/C his pot-size bet on the T we still have to ch/f the River on a 7 or a :heart: I think, right? Even though we have less than pot left.
    • woopstash
      woopstash
      Bronze
      Kaitz,

I did actually bet the flop for value. Basically what I'm wondering is this: What is the standard line on the turn when the flush comes in and I have a strong hand like trips, top kicker?

Bet/folding seems pretty weak, and bet/shoving could possibly be a bit of an overplay.
      Do I check/call turn and jam any non heart, non 7/T river?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dandycal
      Sorry Kaitz, I didn't understand exactly what you suggested here. You mean you like a cb on the flop and ch/C the T?

Once we ch/C his pot-size bet on the T we still have to ch/f the River on a 7 or a :heart: I think, right? Even though we have less than pot left.
      my bad, I misread the hand
      Thought hero was somehow c/c flop
      I think c/c turn is fine. you can get sometimes free showdown. Sucks to b/f there with that kind of equity and if you think he is bluffing you can c/c river
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by woopstash
      Kaitz,

I did actually bet the flop for value. Basically what I'm wondering is this: What is the standard line on the turn when the flush comes in and I have a strong hand like trips, top kicker?

Bet/folding seems pretty weak, and bet/shoving could possibly be a bit of an overplay.
      Do I check/call turn and jam any non heart, non 7/T river?
      yeah, realized now you bet on the flop :)
      I like c/c turn and checking river
      If you shove river only flush/boats would call you, maybe sometimes Ax
      but Ax might shove himself there, so I think you can´t fold your hand but at the same time you likely doesn´t have too much value by shoving yourself