$18.19
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $10.00
      SB:
      $12.62

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, A.
      UTG2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.60, BB folds, Hero calls $0.50, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($1.4) J, 4, 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.99, Hero calls $0.99.

Turn: ($3.38) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.41, Hero calls $2.41.

River: ($8.2) K (2 players)
      SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.13.

Final Pot: $8.53.
      Results follow:

SB shows three of a kind, jacks(J J).
      Hero shows a pair of aces(A A).

SB wins with three of a kind, jacks(J J).
  • 10 replies
    • N0pr3s3n7
      N0pr3s3n7
      Coach
      Coach
      After you made the decision yes -> I mean after you just called his raise.It could be a good thing if your opponent has something like AK AQ but i'd rather say you are too short to just call.After this big raise he is going all in with TT+ and maybe AK , if he is loose enough i'd say AQ too.You should have gone all in because if you 3 bet (something like reraise to 2.10)your hand looks really strong and if he is any good he will fold anything but KK+.Well also on these limits i don't see him folding with anything as i mentioned before TT+/AQ+.

And just noticed why do you limp Aces ???I'd say you want to get action after you but You can't just call.If he has some trash like 45 or anything like this.You will be in big trouble if he doesn't bluff i.g. if he hits 2 pair or better and beat you,and on the other side you are never getting paid if he doesn't hit unless he is a maniac and a donkeyyy :s_o:
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Silver
      Here is what you did wrong:

not playing fullstacked
      not openraise/re-raise preflop
      not raising flop.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Don't limp AA and rebuy to full, after you limped it's played ok, would be hard to make mistake w AA w such stack sizes
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      [ ] This is the hand evalution forum.
      [ ] You played it well.
    • Toaca
      Toaca
      Bronze
      thx for advises.
      I limped it because it was a very tight table and if i raised they would fold. I had bad luck cuse he hits the 3'rd J :(
    • cauelaratta
      cauelaratta
      Bronze
      With aces you either win a small pot or lose a big one.

Somebody told me that a few weeks ago. Totally agree! AA is a hard hand to lay down, and you will often call bets postflop with it even though you find yourself in a marginal situation.

DO NOT overrate your aces! That's hard to learn but it will pay off. Play aces agressively, 3-bet, 4-bet and try to go all-in as soon as possible.

Best of luck,

C.
    • SSSC2NV
      SSSC2NV
      Bronze
      @cauelaratta - That really is great advice. If we can all follow it, I think we will all be more profitable in the long run.

I've recently finally allowed myself to lay down aces. In the past I would refuse to see that I'm beat... shoving the rest of my stack into the pot in a fit of rage and disgust - dont ask.. very bad... lol

Happy to say I now lay down aces, have against opp's pre flop as well... the more guys in pre flop... the more chance my HORRIBLE back luck that follows myself and my family around will catch up. Cheaper to fold then push :)
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hey Toaca,

There is already a forum where you can post hand histories and get advice from hand judges.

Take a look here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1387

King Regards,
      Toby
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Why would you fold aces preflop in a cash game? that just doesn't make sense. I know that against 4 players your chances to win it aren't that big anymore

But it should be +EV since you will have the best hand preflop 100% of the time. The only time you should be folding AA preflop is in sng's and tournaments and like 4-5 players went all in.

Or bubble situations where it's safer to not risk it.
    • Mrt1989
      Mrt1989
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      Why would you fold aces preflop in a cash game? that just doesn't make sense. I know that against 4 players your chances to win it aren't that big anymore

But it should be +EV since you will have the best hand preflop 100% of the time. The only time you should be folding AA preflop is in sng's and tournaments and like 4-5 players went all in.

Or bubble situations where it's safer to not risk it.
      I think when ur in the bubble u have to play AA for sure what better hand could come to stack u up ? ?(