Stars testing for bots now?

• Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I'm just enjoying a 5min break in my session, but the really interesting thing happened some 20min ago, when I was asked to type a random word in the chatbox. I didn't really get the chance to read what it said next to it (I just saw the box with the word in and realized what's happening). Has anyone else experienced this? What happens if u don't put in the word? Is there a time limit on how long u have to respond? I guess it's really good that the tests takes u to the chatbox automatically (I always have the info screen up), otherwise I dunno what would have happened.
  • 12 replies
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      what word did you write? out of interest
    • wowadvisor
      wowadvisor
      Bronze
      its a common random check, if you fail the check your account is flagged and will be under investigation by a member of staff.
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      It happened to me last week and fortunately I saw it. I had 6 tables open (tiled) but yesterday I started 12-tabling in cascade layout. There is no time to see if they write me something with the popping screens. But this is good in fact, as you can see they are having security measures constantly.

I guess this gotta have something to do with the case of the sick multitabler at the lowest stakes, who plays more than 1000 sng's/day. Apparently PS security has put him to every test possible and they've had to clear him.
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      If u failed for the 1st time to reply, ur name will be flag for another 2nd check. If u fail the 2nd one also to reply. Then they will start investigate your a/c.

what word? it could be any words...like pls type "i love banana"
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      fulltilt demanded that i write "donkeydick" 500 times all over my body using blue paint and send them detailed pictures. all to make 100% sure that im not a bot.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey people,

Yeah, this is normal and random afaik.
      I've even had it happen to me and i play 4-6tables.

Just normal security measures to do exactly that, kill evil robots.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      If this is all they can do to prevent against boots it sucks!its so easy to adapt a script to a boot that when it can identify a "type" word in chat boot will automaticaly write a random word there...old time diablo player...remembered admins wispered and my boot automaticaly respond made a screen and stand by half hour and so on and he cant really ban me cause had the prove:>
    • emotv
      emotv
      Bronze
      I am playing for 2 years now. 2 Times security check happens to me. I also email this to PStars. They said nothing personel it is for everyone. Just to avoid bots from Software...
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      fulltilt demanded that i write "donkeydick" 500 times all over my body using blue paint and send them detailed pictures. all to make 100% sure that im not a bot.
      sigh..ur so boring nowadays ?(
    • DYRD
      DYRD
      Bronze
      I once tried a bot there just out of curiousity at playmoney table, The client was immediately shutdown. So don't even think of using bots, You might end up having to play at Titan poker:D
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Originally posted by aceonetheriver
      Originally posted by ihufa
      sigh..ur so boring nowadays ?(
      i played dota with someone called "aceontheriver" a few days ago... hows that for boring
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Happened to me too...standard.