[NL20-NL50] A10s; Top 2pr with NFD

• STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      I'm not thinking I would have been able to lay this down either on the flop or turn, but was pushing the river the right play? I'm thinking I would have called a shove from either opponent here, even if I figured one of them for a set.

Known players:
      Position
      BB
      UTG1
      MP1
      CO

0.1/0.2 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.78 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A:spade: , T:spade:
      UTG1 calls $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, MP1 calls $0.20, 2 folds, CO calls $0.20, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.10) 3:spade: , 7:spade: , T:heart: (5 players)
      BB checks, UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.60, MP1 calls $0.60, CO calls $0.60, 2 folds.

Turn: ($2.90) A:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.90, MP1 calls $2.90, CO calls $2.90.

River: ($11.60) J:club: (3 players)
      Hero ???.
  • 6 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I dislike calling to be honest (I dont see stacksizes of opponent so that's a major issue as well)

So I normally either raise pre or fold pre

As played betting $1 for max value is better I think. Then you hit yahtzee on the Turn so i bet close to 3/4 pot as well in order to prepare myself for a 3/4 potsized shove on the River

A set is unlikely (6 combo's (33/77))

River is easy shove ;)
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      I dislike calling to be honest (I dont see stacksizes of opponent so that's a major issue as well)

So I normally either raise pre or fold pre

As played betting $1 for max value is better I think. Then you hit yahtzee on the Turn so i bet close to 3/4 pot as well in order to prepare myself for a 3/4 potsized shove on the River

A set is unlikely (6 combo's (33/77))

River is easy shove ;)
      Agreed especially the pre-flop part... I would fold in that spot as isolating ATs in that spot with all those stations behind is kinda loose and will probably get you into though spots post flop. Either way, it's either a fold or a raise. Don't limp in so early in the pot. If you were on the CO or the BU and you had 3 limpers ahead of you or so you could limp along but even then I think raising would be considerably better.

On the river I'm not happy at all really... the only thing were's still beating are worse flush draws, maybe some fish that can't fold Tx. But other then that the J just completed the OESD that 98 was giving which is perfectly in the range of these callers. In addition to that they often will showdown sets here to... eventhou it's a horrible way to play a set on this board in a 3way pot, I would not be surprised to see sevens or threes here. Regardless, as you've got like pot sizeds bet behind you're probably commited anyway with your two pair.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      If they slowplay sets on double FD board, that's bad but I would make a note out of it

I see 4 combo's of 98s and I wouldnot do anything else on the River besides betting for just 4 combo's while I can still see stubborn hands calling me.

Despite the fact that it is still MW on River, I still go with my hand and bet. If you check, I dont think they bet worse so I guess youre cutting yourself there
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would also raise pf and play postflop the same
      89 is only one draw that got there, so i think c/c is fine, although b/f is likely the same good
      Shove is a little big unless they are middlestacks
    • STR82ACE
      STR82ACE
      Bronze
      Didn't even notice that the stack sizes weren't showing up, sorry. Villain 1 was a medium stack player, starting the hand with I think about $10, and Villain 2 was short stacking with about $6.

Agreed I should have raised pre, at least to try to isoloate. I made a river bet to cover both players, and got called by both, Villain 1 showing set of 7's and Villain 2 showing set of 3's. I was thinking that check/folding the river was not the play here, so I made the aggressor bet instead, even knowing that I was most likely up against a set from one of them.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      what a bad spot you chose to his Top 2pair... :D