Addressing Leaks

• corsc
      corsc
      Bronze
      I was looking at HEM and found their add-on Leak Buster which I have to admit looks really nice (albeit expensive).

Anyway I have 2 questions:
      1) Is anyone using it? Did it help?

2) It seems to be based off mathematical analysis of fixed values and percentages. Does anyone know where I could find such information? It seems like something worth having for my own analysis.
  • 4 replies
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by corsc
      1) Is anyone using it? Did it help?
      I've used it. The advice is super generic and not very helpful.

Originally posted by corsc
      2) It seems to be based off mathematical analysis of fixed values and percentages. Does anyone know where I could find such information? It seems like something worth having for my own analysis.
      From what I could tell its based on the author's own playing style. So if he played 20% VP$IP then anything between 15-24% is "okay" with a slightly better score for being in the middle.

Posting hands you have trouble with seems to be a better use of time to me.
    • corsc
      corsc
      Bronze
      Thanks for the quick reply.

Im trying to learn how do better self review, hence the second part.
      I guess I shouldnt have know it wouldnt be so easy :)
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hey corsc,

You should have a look at the HEM articles button at the top. There are a couple of articles to explain how to use the basic leak functions without using Leak Buster (program).

King Regards,
      Toby
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Something like leak buster would be be an awesome Poker Strategy product. It could be linked in to articles and videos that address the problems it finds.

Instead they are wasting their limited resources and attempting to reinvent the wheel. It's really sad when there are already two excellent options for tracking stats.

</rant>