Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.01
      BB:
      $2.00

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.76 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:club: , J:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.16) 9:club: , 5:diamond: , 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.36) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24.

River: ($0.84) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: $0.84

Do I have the right odds here to call the bet on the turn?
      I counted my outs as 9 from the flush draw and 4 for the gutshot giving me 13 and therefore requiring pot odds of 2.5:1 which is exactly what I have. But I wonder if I should have been discounting and/or worrying about implied odds if I managed to hit.
  • 2 replies
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I would either bet or check/fold. The problem with check/call is: Firstly, we are not happy putting much money in when we hit - lower implied odds. Secondly, reverse imlied odds the times he has A :club: , flushes, or fullhouses.

Betting on the other hand, we can make BB fold stuff that beats us, and we usually have outs to improve to the best hand if he just calls instead of raising.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I would either bet or check/fold. The problem with check/call is: Firstly, we are not happy putting much money in when we hit - lower implied odds. Secondly, reverse imlied odds the times he has A :club: , flushes, or fullhouses.

Betting on the other hand, we can make BB fold stuff that beats us, and we usually have outs to improve to the best hand if he just calls instead of raising.
      This. It's a blind battle, who knows what that guy calls you preflop and on the flop with. Just bomb the overcard turn with your redraw hoping to take it down. If you called you can still improve to a flush or a pair to beat a 9, and even if you end up check/folding the river it might induce some lighter call downs in the future by villain because he saw you get somewhat out of line.

Hope it helps.