$5.00
      CO:
      $11.70
      BU:
      $8.60
      SB:
      $10.05

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with J, T.
      Hero raises to $0.35, UTG2 calls $0.35, 6 folds, BB calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.1) 8, 9, A (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.55, UTG2 calls $0.55, BB calls $0.55.

Turn: ($2.75) 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.35, UTG2 calls $1.35, BB raises to $3.90, Hero raises to $9.10, UTG2 folds, BB calls $5.20.

River: ($22.3) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $22.3.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of eights(J T).
      BB shows four of a kind, eights(8 8).

BB wins with four of a kind, eights(8 8).

I figure I have about 34% equity against both opponents here, and I most likely put UTG+1 on a pocket pair like TT, JJ. He is pretty tight 13/4, and I think he is re-raising any decent Ax on the flop.

BB is a super fish, and I most likely put him on some kind of weak Ax hand. I have calculated his range including all PP up to JJ and any A, as I figure this is most likely his calling range.

Do I generally have enough fold equity on the turn against this kind of opponent???
  • 3 replies
    • adamall
      adamall
      Bronze
      I also just recalculated his rang to include, Ax, 77-JJ, and straight drawing cards QJ, QT, JT, 67, and I still have about 33%.

I am wondering because I am getting the right price to call his re-raise am I better calling and seeing the river cheap.

Is the best play just to check behind on the turn, with one player behind.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Too tired to do the math, but I think you will need a bit of FE to make it profitable. You have zero. But that doesn't really matter - shoving is the worst thing you can do here. You don't want to force UTG out of the pot, since he greatly adds to your direct and implied odds. Why isolate yourself against a hand that crushes you when you are getting great odds to call and potentially stack 2 players?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

First I don't really see how you can put UTG2 on TT-JJ especially if he's tight, he called 2 streets 3-way on a Ax board and you have both a J and a T in your hand which cuts in half the possible combos of JJ/TT. Also if he's tight chances are he's not just going crazy raising the flop with any top pair.

Hard for us to give a range to BB since we didn't play with him, but the one thing we do know for sure is that you have no fold equity whatsoever when he takes that line.

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Too tired to do the math, but I think you will need a bit of FE to make it profitable. You have zero. But that doesn't really matter - shoving is the worst thing you can do here. You don't want to force UTG out of the pot, since he greatly adds to your direct and implied odds. Why isolate yourself against a hand that crushes you when you are getting great odds to call and potentially stack 2 players?
      Given that and the fact that your hand is a pure drawing hand that currently doesn't beat anything, I think you should heed john's advice and just call, hoping UTG2 will sweeten the pot odds for you.

Hope it helps.