Weekly Vote: Your thoughts on High Stakes Poker Season 6?

• Poll
    • What do you think of High Stakes Poker Season 6 overall?

I liked it - because of the players
        76%
        I didn't like it - the previous season was better
        12%
        I liked it - because of the new features
        10%
        I didn't like it - because of the new features
        3%
      Total: 160 Votes
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      GSN's High Stakes Poker Season 6 came to an end after 13 episodes, featuring big names such as Phil Ivey, Patrik Antonius, Tom Dwan, Daniel Negreanu and more.

This time, the show underwent some changes since last season:

- A.J Benza's removal
      - Kara Scott's player interviews
      - Daniel Negreanu's "Did you know..." series

Now we want to ask you: did you enjoy this season or not? What did you like about it the most? Which features do you want to stay and which ones should go? Tell us your opinion in this thread.
  • 15 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      The players. The player i'd like to see back most is Lex Veldhuis and Phil Galfond. Especially Lex Veldhuis is very fun to watch. And ofcourse Phil Ivey, Tom "durr" Dwan, Patrick Antonius and Eli Elezra.

I hope Mike matusow does not come back or other very tight players. But he really seemed like an asshole to me with comments like "That's how you play poker boys" When he just gets lucky with good cards. A million people could play like he did there.

But laydowns like Phil galfond made or that call of Lex Veldhuis with 22, Now that is something most people would not do.
    • Jeffers16
      Jeffers16
      Bronze
      I liked Kara Scott's player interviews because she is hot and a bit of eye candy never goes amiss.

Benza needs to come back, was awkward at times with just Kaplin.

Daniel Negreanu's little did you know bit was ok I thought. Some were interesting.

Overall it was as; if not more entertaining than some of the other seasons I have watched. Lex Veldhuis and Tom Dwan were very impressive I thought.
    • alberts1955
      alberts1955
      Bronze
      liked i't.
      and DN "Did you know" is nice too :)

ofc i'd like to see Dwan, Antonius, Ivey, Negreanu and Elezra in next season
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I'd really like to see Sam Farha back. Also, from the newcomers of this season ElkY and Andrew Robl. Hope Phil Hellmuth also returns for another shot, because in season 6 he just got unlucky hitting brick walls whenever getting good cards.

Of course players like Ivey, Dwan, Negreanu, Antonius, Elezra can't be let out.

Looking forward to season 7!
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      I miss:
      - AJ Benza
      - Sammy Farha

I dont like
      - Did you know with Daniel
      - 30 seconds with Kara Scott (I love Kara but she does not fit in at all imho)
      - Putting guys like Phillips in there

I would like to see
      - Some high stake OMAHA action !!
    • randomdonk
      randomdonk
      Bronze
      it was pretty good. would love to see more from phil galfond, but without the tv fps :D
    • Octhellior
      Octhellior
      Bronze
      Did you know series was so bad, Daniel's acting was horrible. Content might've been good on occasion, but get rid of the lame jokes and get someone else to say it.

Kara Scott's little interviews didn't really add much to the show imo.

BRING BACK AJ!!!

Really, AJ and Kaplan were so great together. Gabe's a great guy but without AJ it's not even half as enjoyable as before.

Hellmuth going broke the first episode was a big plus!
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      I will definitely consider calling with 9 high in the future :D
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jeffers16
      I liked Kara Scott's player interviews because she is hot and a bit of eye candy never goes amiss.

Benza needs to come back, was awkward at times with just Kaplin.

Daniel Negreanu's little did you know bit was ok I thought. Some were interesting.

Overall it was as; if not more entertaining than some of the other seasons I have watched. Lex Veldhuis and Tom Dwan were very impressive I thought.
      +1 (add Phil Galfond to impressive list)

I 'd love to see Sammy Farha come back to play, I'd be interested in how he and Tom Dwan would tangle. I'd also like to see Jennifer Harman come back, just cause it's nice to see some female players at the table and I have a lot of respect for her.
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Octhellior
      Did you know series was so bad, Daniel's acting was horrible. Content might've been good on occasion, but get rid of the lame jokes and get someone else to say it.

Kara Scott's little interviews didn't really add much to the show imo.

BRING BACK AJ!!!

Really, AJ and Kaplan were so great together. Gabe's a great guy but without AJ it's not even half as enjoyable as before.

Hellmuth going broke the first episode was a big plus!
      I pretty much agree with Octhellior. The new 'features' were not exactly that beneficial to the show.

Also, the biggest blow was the fact that AJ Benza was removed. If the show were to have this great player line-up and both commentators, it would have been pretty much the best season ever imo.

Since there were a lot of complaints about AJ's removal, let's just hope GSN sees that the success of Season 6 came from the player line-up and not the 'features'.
    • PokerBABYdoll
      PokerBABYdoll
      Bronze
      GSN's High Stakes Poker Season 6 was the best season above all.
      and the 13th episodes was my favorite.

in all the big names such as Phil Ivey, Patrik Antonius, Tom Dwan, Daniel Negreanu ,my favorite was allways Dwan Dwan , He's featuring not only a poker player ,but a poker actor----a very coolly easy one of cause.
      -Kaplin 's singel show and comments was allways fun and helpfull,when sb can follow the players mind ,and put his poker logic together with just in time by himself,why should we put sb else to disturb all beside?!
      i like his opinion,specially when he see trought the player's charaters,habits...
      - Kara Scott's interviews should keeping run on forever.We like to know more and more and more about Dwan's mind.please Kara,cut his head off 2 with your little tongue.
      - Daniel Negreanu's "Did you know...",no comments,just like his cash games.

and as the end ,if there is a women player,a hot fantastic women player like Anne duke COULD SHOW UP in next season,THAT will be really cool.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      all three changes you mentioned were awful, but that was made up for to some extent by an even higher level of play than in season 5(no random amateurs and more top players, e.g. galfond)
    • RobbieV
      RobbieV
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AugustusCaesar
      I miss:
      - AJ Benza
      - Sammy Farha

I dont like
      - Did you know with Daniel
      - 30 seconds with Kara Scott (I love Kara but she does not fit in at all imho)
      - Putting guys like Phillips in there

I would like to see
      - Some high stake OMAHA action !!
      QFT
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      + Sammy Farha
      + AJ
      + Isiludur (or any other sick aggro player)
      + Omaha

- Kara Scott
    • gm1404
      gm1404
      Bronze
      I personally dont miss Benza, though i would like it if someone that knows good poker could comment with Gabe (maybe one of the players? Galfond was great in million dollar challenge)

Also they need more sick online players (Bringing Elky and Lex in was good imo. Maybe Cole South,the Dangs, etc.)

Some PLO would be awesome to.

No more Did you know :s_frown: and Kara doing interviews naked and it becomes the best poker show on TV of all time(It probably already is though :) )