This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50FR TT, v.bet riveR?

• axelphoney
      axelphoney
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      FullTiltPoker
      7 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($45.50)
      UTG+1 ($54.60)
      MP ($53.25)
      Hero ($54.70)
      BTN ($36.50)
      SB ($40.20)
      BB ($100)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 7 players) Hero is CO T T
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 1 fold, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: 6 8 Q ($3.50, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.50, SB calls $2.50

Turn: 6 ($8.50, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5.50, SB calls $5.50

River: Q ($19.50, 2 players)
      SB checks, Hero?

villain is unknown.

Can I bet here again to extract some value against 8x/lower PPs with a smallish bet?
  • 3 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      HI.

I suggest you bet 2$ pre-flop next time and not 1.5.

And you may extract some value if villiand has A and wants to win pot with high card but...

You made nice turn bet and was called.

Maybe villian missed his draws on river or even is slowplaying and i found it difficult to extract value here with your river bet.

In my opinion there you have nice river check behind.
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      Hey there,

I'm not sure whether my idea is too weak, but I'd personally prefer checking behind just because I think there are very few hands that might pay you off here (I'd say 99, 8x and still that's a maaaaybe, no decent opponent will call a 3rd barrel with such a weak hand I think). And since the value is so thin vs unknown opponent I wouldn't want to risk seeing a ch/R here, cause when you bet so small you might give away the strength of your hand.

If he was a showdown bound passive fish, then we could surely even put in a 1/2 pot bet I guess.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Qx is not so likely, but it is really hard to call you down with worse hands, so i think I´d take my free showdown
      Also he can sometimes turn his missed flushdraw into bluff, so you can b/f river with better hand