This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Ak Oop

• Xiven
      Xiven
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $7.95
      SB:
      $9.70
      BB:
      $10.00
      UTG2:
      $14.60
      MP1:
      $11.10
      MP2:
      $9.85
      MP3 (Hero):
      $10.60
      CO:
      $10.40

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, CO folds, BU raises to $0.70, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.55) T, 7, 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, BU raises to $7.25(All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.75.

When I just called the raise I gave up initiative and probably shouldn't have bet the flop, but i was hoping to make a semi-convening bet (~pot sized) in the hopes that he would fold if he had a worse AX hand.

The villain wasn't really getting involved in too many hands since I sat at the table and I'm not yet comfortable 3 betting (or at least not in that position with AK).

Should I be 3 betting AK there? By his flop play I would expect a 4 bet all in if I had 3 bet him which would've resulted in me folding anyways.
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Without having a few more reads/notes on villiian I think I might just fold preflop to avoid the awkward situations which can arise from playing it OOP w/o initiative.

His 3-bet his like just over min3bet and so this is sort of sending off alarm bells to me already - especially if you say he is tight. I mean ofc some people do it with trash but I often find the more weaker, tighter players are doing it with AA - and you do say he is tight.

If i knew his 3bet range was pretty wide then I think you could just consider 4bet/shoving here but until I have a bit better feel for this range I think its just best to avoid awkward spots like this altogether.

On flop - even if his 3bet range is pretty wide like 99+/AQ+ then you're only really getting AQ to fold imo so its a waste of a bet - just check/fold.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      Without having a few more reads/notes on villiian I think I might just fold preflop to avoid the awkward situations which can arise from playing it OOP w/o initiative.

His 3-bet his like just over min3bet and so this is sort of sending off alarm bells to me already - especially if you say he is tight. I mean ofc some people do it with trash but I often find the more weaker, tighter players are doing it with AA - and you do say he is tight.

If i knew his 3bet range was pretty wide then I think you could just consider 4bet/shoving here but until I have a bit better feel for this range I think its just best to avoid awkward spots like this altogether.

On flop - even if his 3bet range is pretty wide like 99+/AQ+ then you're only really getting AQ to fold imo so its a waste of a bet - just check/fold.
      This ;)