[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 JJ with re-raised pot

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)      
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $30,67
      Hero:
      $10,16
      UTG+2:
      $9,90

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J:club: , J:heart:
      Hero raises to $0,40, UTG+2 raises to $0,90, 3 folds, CO calls $0,90, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,50.

Flop: ($2,85) 6:spade: , 5:club: , 2:club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets $1,60, 2 folds.

Final Pot: $4,45

Hate those min-reraises. Again I was sure that I was against aces or kings (what kind of person else min-reraise UTG+1 raiser:D ) Nice flop though. Maybe I should check/call his 2/3 size pot. (but it is just too weak:( ). So my next option would be bet/fold or the last and the most expensive check/reraise. Any ideas?
  • 3 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Kaitz20!

I think check/raise is the best option here. This way you put maximum pressure on your opponent and get information about the strength of his hand. If he has QQ, KK or AA he will raise or call you which makes it easy for you to fold on a later street. But with a check/raise you often can take the pot right away if villain only has overcards.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I thought about it tonight morning. If I raise UTG and called re-raise then my hand range should be TT,JJ:D and maybe AK, AQ. Just don´t know how smart are NL 10 players and can he put me on these hands and I´m not also sure that he can push for bluff with his AK, AQ- not very likely. So generally it should be good to check/raise on that scary board, I could also hold AKc. But no stats sadly, so not sure doing check/raise move against unkown expecially at NL 10 tables, where every fish will go all-in with QQ-AA. I think that at that level donkbet might work even better.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Just don´t know how smart are NL 10 players .... I think that at that level donkbet might work even better.
      First of all: smart and NL10 players??? That doesn't match :D (except they are from PokerStrategy.com of course)
      Secondly: If you donkbet on that flop the smart players on NL10 often call with their overcards. But if you check/raise you are maximizing your fold equity and even these players will think about folding their overcards because a check/raise looks a lot stronger than a donkbet.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81