$10.00
      MP3:
      $12.84
      CO:
      $20.14
      BU:
      $19.72

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8, 8.
      Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BU calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.6) 8, J, Q (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.14, BU calls $1.14, SB folds, BB calls $1.14.

Turn: ($5.02) 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($5.02) 9 (3 players)
      BB bets $8.46, Hero calls $8.46, BU folds.

Final Pot: $21.94.

I insta called here, but now i think i should have folded on the river couse basically i'm beating here only slowplayed straight (opponent seemed pretty tight passive, so i dont think he's capable of shoving here 9x or 2pairs)

what about a turn play, i checked here couse the board got really scary for me and for my opponents either, so i dont think they would call my bet with worse hand and i dont want to be check/raised so i checked hoping to boat up on river
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Preflop and flop are ok imo - perhaps bet like $1.45/$1.5 on flop cos wet board and multiway pot.

Turn - Pretty bad turn for you, like JT,QT,TK all have got there and probably only QdXd, JQ,9Q are calling so yeah I think I might check behind to hope it gets checked round and board to pair on river - because its just too likely for someone to have a T. But then again here we are just like giving up on hand a lot of times so I am not sure wether its best.

River - Broke - cooler if you're beat.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      Preflop and flop are ok imo - perhaps bet like $1.45/$1.5 on flop cos wet board and multiway pot.

Turn - Pretty bad turn for you, like JT,QT,TK all have got there and probably only QdXd, JQ,9Q are calling so yeah I think I might check behind to hope it gets checked round and board to pair on river - because its just too likely for someone to have a T. But then again here we are just like giving up on hand a lot of times so I am not sure wether its best.

River - Broke - cooler if you're beat.
      Sounds fine. No way to know whether villain is capable of bluffing diamonds or valueshoving a straight like that. Too bad we can't discount stuff like Q9/J9, as those are the only things you'll see if villain is incapable of bluffing or shoving anything that isn't the nuts, which sadly is true of a log of regulars out there.

Hope it helps.