This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 sh 88

• tomzs
      tomzs
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $11.48
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP2 (Hero):
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $12.84
      CO:
      $20.14
      BU:
      $19.72

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8, 8.
      Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BU calls $0.40, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.6) 8, J, Q (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $1.14, BU calls $1.14, SB folds, BB calls $1.14.

Turn: ($5.02) 9 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($5.02) 9 (3 players)
      BB bets $8.46, Hero calls $8.46, BU folds.

Final Pot: $21.94.

I insta called here, but now i think i should have folded on the river couse basically i'm beating here only slowplayed straight (opponent seemed pretty tight passive, so i dont think he's capable of shoving here 9x or 2pairs)

what about a turn play, i checked here couse the board got really scary for me and for my opponents either, so i dont think they would call my bet with worse hand and i dont want to be check/raised so i checked hoping to boat up on river
  • 2 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      Preflop and flop are ok imo - perhaps bet like $1.45/$1.5 on flop cos wet board and multiway pot.

Turn - Pretty bad turn for you, like JT,QT,TK all have got there and probably only QdXd, JQ,9Q are calling so yeah I think I might check behind to hope it gets checked round and board to pair on river - because its just too likely for someone to have a T. But then again here we are just like giving up on hand a lot of times so I am not sure wether its best.

River - Broke - cooler if you're beat.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by amplifyd
      Preflop and flop are ok imo - perhaps bet like $1.45/$1.5 on flop cos wet board and multiway pot.

Turn - Pretty bad turn for you, like JT,QT,TK all have got there and probably only QdXd, JQ,9Q are calling so yeah I think I might check behind to hope it gets checked round and board to pair on river - because its just too likely for someone to have a T. But then again here we are just like giving up on hand a lot of times so I am not sure wether its best.

River - Broke - cooler if you're beat.
      Sounds fine. No way to know whether villain is capable of bluffing diamonds or valueshoving a straight like that. Too bad we can't discount stuff like Q9/J9, as those are the only things you'll see if villain is incapable of bluffing or shoving anything that isn't the nuts, which sadly is true of a log of regulars out there.

Hope it helps.