[NL2-NL10] NL2 65s from CO playing flush and straight draw

• Psderrr
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6:diamond: , 5:diamond:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 2 folds, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.13) 7:spade: , 6:spade: , Q:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.07, BB calls $0.07.

Turn: ($0.27) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.14, BB calls $0.14.

River: ($0.55) 3:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0.55

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of sixes (6d 5d)
      BB shows a pair of queens (Jd Qc)

BB wins with a pair of queens (Jd Qc)
  • 2 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd check back the flop, we don't beat any made hand that can call a bet and BB just doesn't look like he's loose enough to show up with enough draws for the times we valuecut ourselves against Qx/88 type of hands by betting.

As played I like the turn bet with our combo draw, we'll improve on a lot of rivers and be able to fire of a big valuebet that Qx hands will usually call on most of our river outs.

On the river we really don't beat anything so checking back is likely neutral ev, we'll just lose every time basically. Only question is whether you can actually get BB off better hands by betting and on that particular card. His hand looks a lot like Qx at that point and he's somewhat nitty so far, there is a chance you get him to fold if you try and represent the spades. The more often he check/raise a flushdraw on the flop the better, since it makes it less likely we'd run into a flush which tight players don't always play aggressively. Frankly if it was a bit higher stakes I'd go for the river bluff quite often, but given that we only have 34 hands on the guy and it's still nl2, I don't mind passing on the opportunity if you don't feel like he's too inclined to fold Qx.

Hope it helps.
    • Psderrr
      It does thanks.