Percentage of profitable players for PokerStrategy

• Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hi!

We were just talking with friends about free money Pokerstrategy gave to us and gives us opportunity to become a profitaable poker player wuithout our investments.

I was just thinking about one statistical value if there is any possibilty to get it.

What is the percentage of players who receive thir first starting capital and loose it before PS get those 50 back.

I hope u understand my questions:) ))
  • 13 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      I think they get em back just for new people signing up through them on poker rooms, not sure tho
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Yeah i know that. But i want to know how many of them who use first starting capital actually play enaugh that PokerStrategy get their 50 back.

I think most of the players just loose their first 50 and thats it.

So percentage of players who loose their 50$ immediately (before pokerstrategy get 50$ back) is data i am interested in.
    • Abe1919
      Abe1919
      Bronze
      I think pokerstrategy gets a percentage of rake from the poker rooms that we play on so even if alot of players do just lose the 50 and give up it doesn't matter cos their's alot of profitable big players (Diamond for example) who probably rake more than $50 a month for PS
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      I think what NightFrost ment was....Some poker rooms give affiliates a cetain amount of $$$ upfront when a new play sighns up through there link and plays 1 hand. In those cases PS earn the $50 imediatley.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Abe1919
      I think pokerstrategy gets a percentage of rake from the poker rooms that we play on so even if alot of players do just lose the 50 and give up it doesn't matter cos their's alot of profitable big players (Diamond for example) who probably rake more than $50 a month for PS
      Not probablly...Deffinatley =)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      I think what NightFrost ment was....Some poker rooms give affiliates a cetain amount of $$$ upfront when a new play sighns up through there link and plays 1 hand. In those cases PS earn the $50 imediatley.
      Yea, that's what i meant. for example: https://affiliates.fulltiltpoker.com/affiliates/payment-plans It's not one hand but 250ftp points i think, still risk free business.
    • Psderrr
      Psderrr
      Bronze
      A risk free poker business that's an oxymoron right?
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Not really risk free. If people kept losing, and you would have very few loyal members they would lose money. Unless they get payed $50 upfront for every new member + a part of the rake.

I haven't given the $50 back, mainly because i'm not tracked yet. When i go on my bonus whoring spree they will it back in no time :D
    • freelancerpoker
      freelancerpoker
      Basic
      I'm not spend my first $50 yet. Let's me try to get some profit. I will start by learing first, I seemed to be to better way.
    • csnmf
      csnmf
      Global
      Someone who has referred enough friends could have a pretty accurate idea what percentage of players are a losing investment for PS and which are a winning.

I will take on average $1 in rake is equal to 3 Strategy Points and on average i am going to assume that pokerstrategy make 15% of someones rake depending on the room(Removing all other costs such as administrative etc and assuming a pure rev share deal). Therefore someone has to rake 0.15x=50 x=$333 or 1000 strategy points. This is all very simplified and all figures are off the top of my head.

Taking my tiny sample size of about 25 players that have received the starting capital and have "busted" as far as i can tell only 4 have made it over 1000 points and so 16%.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      That is nice calculation. I referred i think 5 or 6 but all lost their starting capital very soon.

But still....we are covering loses for 100 and more players:)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      Not really risk free.
      It's more risk free than most businesses that has nothing to do with gambling.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      Not really risk free.
      It's more risk free than most businesses that has nothing to do with gambling.

That's easy to say when you see how well pokerstrategy is doing at the moment.. And how many loyal members there..