Too complicated to pronounce?

• thepatapouf
      thepatapouf
      Bronze
      Hi there,

Since I'll be reading you for a while, I thought it might be interesting to introduce myself. I am thepatapouf, or patapouf, which is the name of a French 'teddy bear'.

So why am I here on the English section of pokerstrategy. Well in fact, I am in Scotland for 10 weeks, working on a project, and I found that it might be nice to practise my English. Moreover, there are a lot of interesting talking here (in the French section too huh!).

So what about me. I am 21, playing poker for 1 year and I register here on pokerstrategy for 3 or 4 months.

I am NOT what you call a good poker player since I am impatient, unfocused, bad at calculations and I have a very bad memory. So why do I keep playing poker? Because there are peolpe worse than me :f_biggrin:

In fact, when I stay focus, I can play correctly, but it doesn't happen often.

I used to play online, on fult tilt poker. But here in Scotland (Glasgow), my university do not provide my an internet access at home and so, I can't play. But I started live poker, with some interesting results.

I play only Sit and Go's and Tournaments, I really really (really) suck at cash games.

For the next weeks, I am going to focus on theory, I am going to analyse my game, to watch a lot of video, and I'll just play on thursday nights tournament.

Hope to see you on the forum or around tables.
  • 9 replies
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hello thepatapouf,

Welcome to the forums!

Best regards,

Joronamo
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thepatapouf
      So why am I here on the English section of pokerstrategy. Well in fact, I am in Scotland for 10 weeks, working on a project, and I found that it might be nice to practise my English.
      Good luck practising your English in Scotland :D
    • thepatapouf
      thepatapouf
      Bronze
      Oooooh yeah. :D
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Haha - if you understand the Scots, you'll have no trouble understanding anyone else. Except for those Indian call center agents...

Welcome mate, glad you joined our community!

Since you're based in Glasgow the 3G coverage should be quite good - maybe a 3G Modem is an option to play during your stay. Usually they're available at about 20 quid per month (pre-paid that is)

Hadi
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      I am NOT what you call a good poker player since I am impatient, unfocused, bad at calculations and I have a very bad memory. So why do I keep playing poker? Because there are peolpe worse than me

if you try to improve these qualities it will be helpful at everything you do in life, not only poker
    • Psderrr
      Psderrr
      Bronze
      Welcome bro, since you want to improve your English I underlined the few small mistakes your post had, very minor but in case it's for an actual English test.

Originally posted by thepatapouf

So what about me. I am 21, playing poker for 1 year and I register here on pokerstrategy for 3 or 4 months.
      I have been registered

In fact, when I stay focus, I can play correctly, but it doesn't happen often.
      Focused

I used to play online, on fult tilt poker. But here in Scotland (Glasgow), my university do not provide my an internet access at home and so, I can't play. But I started live poker, with some interesting results.

Me
    • thepatapouf
      thepatapouf
      Bronze
      Thank you Psederrr for the corrections.

I am NOT what you call a good poker player since I am impatient, unfocused, bad at calculations and I have a very bad memory. So why do I keep playing poker? Because there are peolpe worse than me

if you try to improve these qualities it will be helpful at everything you do in life, not only poker
      I know that. That was one of the reasons I play poker ;)

Haha - if you understand the Scots, you'll have no trouble understanding anyone else. Except for those Indian call center agents...

Welcome mate, glad you joined our community!

Since you're based in Glasgow the 3G coverage should be quite good - maybe a 3G Modem is an option to play during your stay. Usually they're available at about 20 quid per month (pre-paid that is)

Hadi

HAHAHA

I have to say that it is very hard to understand them. I still have difficulties with their accent.When I arrived, I was wondering if they really speak English lol. But I am getting used to it.

For Indians, I share my office with 2 indians guys... I know how hard it is :D

I have to say that I did not thought about 3g Modem. I will check that this week end. Thank you for the advice.
    • SirEdwardKnight
      SirEdwardKnight
      Bronze
      Enjoy Glasgow friend ... i'd give anything to go back there one day!And welcome!
    • thepatapouf
      thepatapouf
      Bronze
      I just checked for dongles to access internet, and I can only have a 2GB one. I do not think it is enough to play online poker.

I'll have to wait july to play online.