How can I Improve More Rapidly?

• Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      I am a beginner, that's no secret, but since deciding to properly try my hand at poker I feel that I have worked pretty hard with regards to my game. I have studied maths more in the last few months than I ever did at school. I know relative strengths (I think) of hands and the importance of position. I've watched a bunch of the vids over and over on here and asked a few questions. Yet here I am again after coming home early from a local pub MTT. Now I realise those things can be a bit of a crap shoot as the range of player is just ridiculous but it's the same online at the mo. I am down $15 bucks on my free bank role at Full Tilt and everything I am trying is not paying off. I get called on EVERYTHING. I hit nothing and I am pretty damn frustrated.

I want to hear any thoughts you all might have to improve more rapidly because if this continues I reckon I'll jack this in before I have got started...and I really don't want to do that.

I would consider a coaching session or two but I can't afford 100s of bucks an hour...A cheaper session though I would consider...

So without sounding too pathetic...Please help. :)
  • 6 replies
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      Hey start posting hands! one of if not the best way to find out whats going right and wrong in your game. other than that read some psychology articles online micro stakes are a crap shoot too but thats where being a poker strategy member becomes your advantage you have all the knowledge you need here to beat the fish there.
      Stick to BRM, post some hands for evaluation. and you will see the improvements in no time.

Hope this helps a lil
    • izaiasalmeida
      izaiasalmeida
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Greedyfly
      I am a beginner, that's no secret, but since deciding to properly try my hand at poker I feel that I have worked pretty hard with regards to my game. I have studied maths more in the last few months than I ever did at school. I know relative strengths (I think) of hands and the importance of position. I've watched a bunch of the vids over and over on here and asked a few questions. Yet here I am again after coming home early from a local pub MTT. Now I realise those things can be a bit of a crap shoot as the range of player is just ridiculous but it's the same online at the mo. I am down $15 bucks on my free bank role at Full Tilt and everything I am trying is not paying off. I get called on EVERYTHING. I hit nothing and I am pretty damn frustrated.

I want to hear any thoughts you all might have to improve more rapidly because if this continues I reckon I'll jack this in before I have got started...and I really don't want to do that.

I would consider a coaching session or two but I can't afford 100s of bucks an hour...A cheaper session though I would consider...

So without sounding too pathetic...Please help. :)
      What do you play?

If u play BSS FR i recomend the samy4ever videos on the spanish community. If you play MTT, i don't know what to tell you. If you play SSS, stick to the SHC and be happy..
    • Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Hey there ExternalUse...Whats the quickest way to post hands? It's going to take me an age to write them out. I have a couple of programs but quite honestly I don't have the required degree in quantum physics to figure out how to use them?

Izai, thanks. I'll check them out, though are they in English?
    • Skyscrapers
      Skyscrapers
      Bronze
      the fastest way to improve is to stop wanting to improve fast. gl
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Silver
      there will be video's in the english community too just click vids at the top and set your filter, as for posting hands if you use tilt stars or party poker you can use the pokerstrategy hand converter. otherwise just google hand converter and ur poker room
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Sadly - training is the best way.